Abu Zaad

29 Uxbridge Road, Shepherd's Bush, London, W12 8LH - View on a map

Telegraph

Matthew Norman - 8/10

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - The chicken, a delicately marinated bird flattened and barbecued on the chargrill at the back, was glorious, all juicy and crispy and savoury, and okra with lamb cubes (bamia billammi) a cinnamony delight. If kibbieh shamieh - pastry diamonds stuffed with minced lamb, cracked wheat and pine nuts - was underseasoned, we;d gorged so greedily on the starters that we wouldn't have finished it anyway.

Me and my friends chose Abu zaad for my birthday celebration and expected the same quality of service as we recieved when we came the previous time. The food was amazing and so was the service however, we had to pay £20 service charge just for the restaurant to turn the lights off for 5 seconds and bring candles and the cake which we bought to the restaurant. The manager was also very rude and argued that if he we don't pay the service charge he will just bring our cake but not plates. To be honest, if it wasn't for the quality of the food I wouldn't choose to come to this place again.

Friday, March 14, 2014

I usually don't write reviews but this time I just had to. Me and a few friends had dinner at Abu Zaad this evening, I was simply amazed! The staff were SO kind, the food was top quality (and quantity!).

We went to the Edgware Rd branch, it was quite busy so we had to wait a few minutes for a table to be free...the waiters brought us the menu along with a glass of freshly made strawberry juice each for free!

I needed to charge my phone and the waiters found a charger for me!

I am honestly so amazed at the quality of service we received today...had to pay a nice tip. I highly recommend Abu Zaad in Edgware Rd!!

Frida