Mohsen

152 Warwick Road, London, W14 8PS - View on a map

Good quality food but much like an eatery so do not expect much in the way of attentive service. Plastic covered tables and no attempt to clean between courses.

Sunday, February 02, 2014

I love Mohsen Kebab and eat here everytime I am in London. The food is delicious and the atmosphere is very warm and welcoming. I have become friends with the owners over the years. They are Iranian and almost all the customers in the restaurant are Iranian, which proves just how good the food is.

Helene
Tuesday, August 28, 2012

I find these reviews puzzling as a Persian friend and I came right across London on the basis of them and found the food and the service terrible. Maybe they don't have good restaurants in West London as we have in the East!

Sunday, July 08, 2012

I'm Iranian. I've been to every Iranian Restaurant in london. Mohsen has the best quality food by far.

It's very compact and gets busy during weekends and thursday friday's so I would recommend booking.

If you want great Iranian food go to Mohsen.

Shahram
Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Mohsen was recommended to me by an Iranian friend. What an excellent recommendation!

My boyfriend and I tried it last Friday after going to the rugby. The menu is pretty compact: a few starters, a list of grills and a daily special. I cannot pretend to know much about Persian cuisine or what the Farci names for the dishes we ordered were but what we did order was delicious -- every single, generously portioned dish.

Starters: feta cheese and mixed herbs, aubergine and walnut dip (this was especially good), yoghurt with cucumber (like tsatziki) and freshly made flatbread.

Main: we shared a mixed grill which consisted of skewers of tender grilled chicken, lamb chops, minced lamb and grilled tomatoes, served with basmati rice topped with fragrant saffron rice. The meat was grilled to perfection and the rice beautifully fluffy. Don't forget to use the flatbread to mop up the 'jus' from the grilled meats!

The service is surly (although I am convinced that beneath that brusque facade the 'mama' of the house has a heart of gold) but this is no fine-dining experience. The interior is simple and rustic (proper rustice, not 'designer' rustic!) One goes for excepetional food. In and out... With leftovers kindly doggy-bagged for lunch the next day. I am fortunate to live very close by so this will definitely be a staple dining venue going forward.

LT