Cafe Japan

626 Finchley Road, Golders Green, London, NW11 7RR - View on a map

I used to visit Cafe Japan around every month but their standards have definitely taken a down turn. I went there around early March this year on a Saturday evening, it wasn't busy. I ordered a Chirashi A and a roll and it took 45 mins for the food to arrive - its usually comes in around 15mins tops. The food portion have also been made smaller and missing Uni which was always in the Chriashi A menu

I think the reason for this is new management where they have downsized the sushi chef head count from 4 to 2 and this definitely impacts service. Will I be coming back to Cafe Japan? after my last visit I may give it 6 months and come back to see if things improve.

San Chow
Sunday, April 20, 2014

I went there today for my daughter's birthday. I usually go to Cafe Japan maybe twice a year for the last year. I am not sure whether it was a case of new owners, new brooms but I was somewhat disappointed today.

None of the super attentive service and no miso soup starter with the set menu.maybe my memory is playing tricks on me but I swear last time miso was included.

Lets hope that today was a blip. will go there once more but it would be a real shame if they really are cutting corners in a cynical way because this was the best e best Japanese (reasonably priced) resto for miles around.

Victim of its own success? Anyway give it a go and see what you think.

japanfan - View all reviews by this user