Old Salt Quay

163 Rotherhithe Street, London, SE16 5QU - View on a map
Telephone: 02073947108

really really horrible place. horrendous!

just kidding. For all those other people who complained about lack of service etc, what do you expect? its a pub that serves pub grub with plenty of space, outdoor sections, upstairs balcony overlooking the city, and a bloody mean Sunday Roast.

dont go here (so theres more room for us) haha

Bertie Stemp
Saturday, November 02, 2013

Great views and the pub has character. But that's it. You have to wait really long for mediocre food. The service, is appalling, you probably will not call it service, it almost feels like the staff think they are doing you a favour by taking your money. And they do try to take your money, they will try and over charge you for food and drink that you have not ordered, pay careful attention to your bill. It's a shame!

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Absolutely horrible service! Constantly long wait to get serverd, no one actually cares that people are waiting. Staff members are moody, rude and unhelpful.

When informed a manager that we got a wrong drink served she said "whatever" . Definitely never going back there again, it is a shame, location is amazing.

Karolina
Sunday, April 28, 2013

Had a fantastic Family celebration the weekend at The Old Salt Quay. Everyone enjoyed the food, the staff and service were amazing.

Thank you to everyone for making this occasion extra special.

Brian Woods
Wednesday, March 27, 2013

I went with my wife and kid to celebrate Mother's Day, and huge disappointment: they sat us in the worst table possible, right where the entry/exit of the kitchen (when after a short time a more suitable table was vacant... But they were unaware), then the lady asked us to order the carvery in the bar counter, when arrived there the guy in the counter told me in quite a cold manner that I should go to my table and wait there for a waiter to take the order, I do so... After waiting for a waiter (btw I could see 4 talking among themselves in the bar counter, but not looking after clients) I stopped one that passed by and asked him if he could take my order, then he said that I should order in the counter... So arrived there again actually with the waiter by the side and the same bar tender asked me, with a disdained look, who told me I should order there, I pointed to the waiter by my side, and the barman replies: you should not have asked him, he has a different job here, so go back to your table and wait here... To what I replied: nope, we leave from here now to bring our business to another restaurant.

So , never there again!

Angel
Sunday, March 10, 2013

It seems that the Old Salt Quay reviews are in general disappointing. However, in it's defense the Sunday Carvery is an absolute delight , a top roast served by a lovely fella who has been smiling & cracking jokes for years. Great value, good food & a view to match.

Col
Sunday, December 09, 2012

I have eaten here twice. The food was shocking. What a shame as the venue is well positioned, enormous, lots of wood, and has great potential. Just needs a chef!

Colin
Monday, October 01, 2012

Took family there for my 25th wedding anniversary,complete waste of time, felt sorry for my wife as the food was garbage. it would have been better if I cooked the food myself,food took forever to arrive when it did finally turn up it was Luke warm. my daughters chicken was covered in thick melted cheese. I thought it was lasagne. it looked revolting and stunk,I had fish and chips with mushy peas and bread and butter. the bread and butter turned up when I almost finished the meal...horrendous never again

Sunday, August 19, 2012

visited on the 12th aug 2012. nice pub shame about the staff and food.

service was a shambles and the food was appalling,overcooked steaks and badly cooked chicken. spoiled what should have been a special day.

steer well clear

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I am so disappointed in this pub. I moved here 2-3 years ago and it was always my favourite pub. Everything was perfect, location, good food portions, great menu choices and tasty food. Something for everyone. The staff were regular, helpful, friendly and chatty to the customers creating a very warm and welcoming. Atmosphere.

Unfortunately the pub has declined and apart from the view there is nothing I can recommend about this pub anymore. I have tried this pub many times to give it a chance, the menu is poor choice expensive, food portions have decreased, there is better food quality and value for money at wetherspoons! The food is dry, Luke warm, and microwaved! Poor poor poor. Let alone when they're quiet the tables aren't cleaned properly and attracts pigeons. This was one of the best places to go in Canada water and a great place to attract newcomers to the area. I'm very disappointed we have lost what was once the best pub in town!

For a nice pub, we would recommend the Mayflower down the river.

Please bring back our old favourite pub.

Wednesday, June 27, 2012