We are sorry but this restaurant has closed - The Reader Comments are shown for historical purposes only

We dined here yesterday - to celebrate 2 birthday. We like fine dining and regularly eat out - including previous occasions at Hibiscus. We rarely provide bad reviews as we choose carefully. Our experience was however appalling!

We arrived on time and waited 1.25 hours to be served our starter so that a large group of under dressed tourists could be served. When this arrived the food was uncooked. We spoke to the waiter who offered a different choice. This was bland but we ate it without complaint. The mains arrived - of cheek and skate - which were overly salty - so much so that none of our party of 4 could eat it. The waiter asked if there was something wrong and said sorry and explained.

The Maitre D' then arrived with our bill and asked us to leave the restaurant as the chef was refusing to serve another course. I could understand if we had been rude in any way but we were calm and considered in our feedback.

Working in the service industry you expect people to be trained that problems arise but it's how you deal with them that marks you out. We were astonished and to be honest shocked. The net result was we refused to pay other than our pre dinner drinks and walked out.

Friday, February 12, 2016

A Rather Unusual Chinaman

A Rather Unusual Chinaman

Friday, November 19, 2010 - As I have got older, sweets have swiftly become my favourite part of the meal and such a damp squib of an ending left me with a bad taste in my mouth, regardless of how much I may have enjoyed the first two courses. And what started out at 29.50 set lunch soon adds up with all the additional supplements. You can eat well without all the supplemental dishes, I just don't see the point of having a lunch menu when a third of the menu contains a significant additional cost. All being said, the quality of the cooking cannot be disputed and I enjoyed much of the meal I was presented with.