Costa Dorada Spanish Bar & Restaurant

47-55 Hanway Street (off Tottenham Court Road), London, W1T 1UX - View on a map

Costa Dorada Spanish Bar & Restaurant Restaurant In London

well.. what can I say the place is smaller than it was, but the food still great and the fun is even bigger ..

calibra - View all reviews by this user
Saturday, March 16, 2013

Went last Sat. night. Busy, great atmosphere, great flamenco by group from Jerez, brill tapas, steak and Paella, brill night. Majority of guests were Spanish I would say - so they went there to enjoy themselves, and did! Just make sure you book and then confirm your booking yourself. I couldn't fault it, and had a great night. Felt like a regular even though it was my first visit.

Dave Griffin
Monday, January 21, 2013

Well i have been in costa dorada many times and i love it and my standards are high. i reckon there is some people like you that they love to complain i dont believe people that complain and talking about standards go to wimpy burger and feel as a queen !!!

I love this restaurant
View/Add comments (1)

Peter osborne gonzalez
Saturday, January 12, 2013

New Year's Eve 2013! Set menu

Well where should I start? The food was so bad, considering my parents have visited costa dorada for the past twenty years this was a serious disappointment. We're we a party of six including Italian, spanish and persian- maybe our standards were a bit high?!?!?!?!?!

The starter was chicken soup, which was pretty much warm water with a small piece of chicken shredded inside sprinkled with something green- not eaten as it was truely awful.

The main was meant to be lamb shank and vegetables- we arrived at 9pm but we were told there was no more lamb! Steak was offered instead, the waiter didn't ask how we would like it cooked- they all arrived very rare- still cold. To accompany was 1 piece of broccoli and two boilt potatoes with carrots. The meat was very bloody and had large nerves running through it which made it impossible to cut especially with a butter knife!!!

Dessert was a baileys crime brle = cold custard with a glac cherry sinking into the horrific mess which had split and hadn't been prepared as a Creme brle should.

Needless to say we complained and the manager didn't make us pay as he agreed it was horrific food and took the plates away from the table each time he saw them.

We left prior to midnight as the only offering to see in the New Years was one party popper!!! Oh and one Xmas tree bauble per table!!! This was the most shocking evenings I have ever experienced. They rely on the flamenco dancing to over shadow all other unacceptable aspect of this venue.

The singing and dancing is very loud and you can't hear yourself think, leave alone talk to anyone.

The last time I visited costa dorada was 11 years ago and the furniture and decor hasn't been updated, what has changed is the management and food= horrific.

Don't waste your time and money.

Joanna
Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Last night, I went on a second date to Costa Dorada. Having gone to watch the athletics live at the Olympic Stadium for our first date, the night had a lot to live up to!

Nothing about the evening disappointed. The service was friendly and attentive but not overbearing, the food was delightful - and there was enough space that the other diners added to the atmosphere without feeling you were joining their conversation. There were four live acts performing who provided entertainment without interfering with our dinner or conversation. We ordered more than we could eat and drank a little too much and the meal was still around £30 a head - which for central London is a bargain.

If you want to go somewhere fun and a little different for dinner then I would definitely recommend Costs Dorada.

Duncan
Friday, August 10, 2012

I can't believe anyone could give this place a bad review! I grew up in Spain and am married to a Spaniard and hence can say that this restaurant offers the best of Spanish fiesta atmosphere in London. The number of Spanish there and the broad age range of the patrons are proof enough. We had a really decent bottle of wine and the best Paella I have had in years (although I won't admit that to my husband!), a wonderfully authentic gypsy style flamenco show and then a few hours of dancing where young and not so young danced side by side without judgement - just as it is in Spain at fiesta time.

Yes, we waited 45mins for them to cook the paella which gave us time to enjoy the show and the wine but Spanish dining is not an occasion for rushing. If you want Marbella holiday style you may not find what you are looking for here but if you want a truly Spanish experience (good food, good wine and good atmosphere for the whole family) then this place is definitely worth a visit, on Saturday nights at least, if you can get a table that is.
View/Add comments (1)

La Inglesa - View all reviews by this user
Sunday, March 11, 2012

Dreadful place. I had very bad night there. I will never recommend this place to anyone. Cheap and ugly. Have been many times to Spain and believe me is a very bad example of the country and the culture.

Babe - View all reviews by this user
Saturday, February 25, 2012

A dreadful experience has ensured I will never return.

Although I have have enjoyed this tapas restaurant in the past, we were there yesterday and it is not as before i remember kevin the manager and all the old staff more professional and friendly

-expensive

- microwave food

-unexperienced staff

Place to avoid.

Tommas - View all reviews by this user
Sunday, December 18, 2011

Been to this resturant a few weeks ago food was great. Service not bad but thought salsa lessons going on when I am eating not good.

ann james
Monday, November 14, 2011

Great for Costa Dorada.. I was celebrating my birthday last week, I have 20 friends for dinner, we really have a splendid time there, food was incredible even for a Spanish standards ( I am from Madrid) the service was the best we could demand they even brought the cake to the table at the right time. the flamenco was marvelous and the Music is even better a bit of everything so we were able to dance all night .

for me the place deserves a 10/10