Paradise By Way Of Kensal Green

19 Kilburn Lane, Kensal Green, London, W10 4AE - View on a map

Paradise By Way Of Kensal Green Restaurant In London

This Is London

David Sexton - 3/5

Thursday, April 08, 2010 - The new chef, 25-year-old Maxime Le Van, used to be head chef at Club Gascon...Sea bream was a big, well-cooked fillet, salty and buttery, accompanied by excellent gratinated clams and some broccoli florets and confit cherry tomatoes, oozing into a coulis. Salmon with a pistachio crust was an oddity, the dish tasting peculiarly sweet cloying. The constant quest for high impact evident in the cooking here seems sometimes to go too far - although a Pear Belle Helene was simple and classic.

Paradise was the only place I wanted to book for my surprise leaving lunch for a close friend that was returning to Australia. i had booked the private dining room before and knew it would be perfect again as its a nice size room for a big group & the vintage style decor of the room gives it a nice cosy feel. Samantha the Bookings Manager was super easy to deal with in the lead up to the meal, either on the phone or over email confirming dates, times and dining numbers etc. And it was really sweet to see on the day that the management had gone to the trouble of making 'Bon Voyage' place settings on the table for us! But what really made the experience so laid back and enjoyable was how friendly the staff were on the day, nothing was any trouble, especially our lovely waitress who was as mad as we were!!!

Gem
Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Went here last Friday night for drinks with the girls, got a table upstairs which was perfect as we really enjoyed the Funk band that played later on, even although i wouldnt describe myself as a Funk enthusiast; they were awesome! Really nice mix of people, really busy vibrant happy pub, we got some dancing in towards the end of the night too. At 1.30am we called it a night and the staff were still really accommodating, and ordered us a cab home. This night reminded me of why I live in London.

Debbie Fraser
Monday, March 04, 2013

A Rather Unusual Chinaman

A Rather Unusual Chinaman

Monday, January 24, 2011 - To start, I opted for a fowl terrine, consisting of nuggets of chicken, duck and pheasant. I was surprised at being able to distinguish each individual bird, and with a really rather nice and tart cranberry relish, I managed to polish the lot off with minor assistance. In exchange, I snaffled tasters of scallops and soup, all excellently executed...Desserts were a complete dud note, so the less said about them the better, but it certainly didn't put a dampener on the evening. With a name like Paradise, it certainly has a lot to live up to, but thankfully it could mostly justify those claims with a solid display from the kitchen.