Thai Room

G2-G7 Bow Wharf, 221 Grove Road, Bow, London, E3 5SN - View on a map

Visited the Thai Room during the week and found the restaurant quite busy. The service was polite and friendly and the ambience warm and cosy. The food was absolutely gorgeous and very well priced. My friends and I tried the Thai wine, white and red, and were very impressed. The staff were attentive throughout the evening and it encouraged us to order desserts, which were heavenly. We could see takeaways flying past us all evening so I guess there is a good trade from the locals who did not want to brave the cold. You might be lucky to catch a night when the manager is around, if so say hello to him, he's happy to chat and you might even get a free side dish thrown in. All in all this place is a top Thai eatery. I would recommend!

Caractacus - View all reviews by this user
Wednesday, April 03, 2013

I am at a loss as to why this restaurant has bad reviews, I cannot recommend it highly enough. The staff are so kind and helpful, nothing is too much trouble. The food is outstanding (both at the restaurant and takeaway) fresh, imaginative and perfectly cooked every time. The flavours are well chosen and each dish I have tried is very individual and delicious.

If you live in the area, or even if you don't you must try Thai Room, especially on a Tuesday set menu is an absolute bargain.

Sian