Golden Pagoda Chinese Restaurant

15a Gerrard Street, Soho, London, W1D 6JD - View on a map

Went there on a busy Saturday, food was nice. service could have been better. I knocked over a pint glass of coke and they didnt even change the cloth so we had our dinner on a wet table and they couldnt wait to take our money and there was 20 of us and they pushed us onto 2 tables when we asked for 3 as where was going to be 25 of us. Not sure if I would go again there are plenty of other Chinese restaurant in the area. We did have a good night but I think it was the company not the restaurant that made it.

Monday, June 29, 2015

This has to be the worst restaurant ever to go down in history. I took my 2 little sisters here for a birthday dinner. The food was bland but edible (just about when hungry) they picked up my plate while I was still waiting that was absolutely terrible. The glass they sent with a can of coke was dirty with hard scum. To top it all off the service.......OMG the guy serving us was so rude, first he told me I could not pay by card I must pay by cash after telling him that was not possible (not telling him why because that was personal but I can share with you guys, I had already taken out my daily limit) he was sooooo rude. To the point it almost turned into an argument so I said "take the payment before I walk out I don't come out to be spoken to like this" he responds saying let me speak to my manager. The manager comes over ans kindly asks what the problem is which I explain to him, then he very simply says no problem and takes the card payment. As we walked out the rude guy serving us stands to the side slightly in the way just enough room to walk pass (please bare in mind im 5 months pregnant) and gives a dirty look with no words of thank you, come again, have a good evening etc. I just never come across such a person working in a resturant and I like to dine out. If I could I would give this a 0.05 star and I hope that no one would put themselves in a situation by going there. We work hard for our money and to think it's going into a business with poor food and ridiculous staff that should be fired is a shame. I will not be going there again or recommend anyone else to eat there but you may wish to see for yourself.

Friday, August 01, 2014

I had a great experience at this restaurant, they must have improved since earlier reviews because the food is one of the best in Chinatown and I certainly wasn't expecting attentive service. A few of the managers speak great English, I asked them for some recommendations and the duck and bbq pork both recommended by them were fantastic. Of course I had my usual favourites such as dim sum and singaporean fried rice!

Usually trips to Chinatown are just me figuring out which restaurant I like the most each time but this has become a favourite, very impressed.

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Staff were friendly / helpful, food okay but nothing special,12.5% surcharge unexpected and ensured it was an expensive evening, not worth the price for the meal.

sue