Clos Maggiore

33 King Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2E 8JD - View on a map

Clos Maggiore Restaurant In London

My husband and I were taken to Clos Maggiore last night by our daughter and her boyfriend to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. We had a magical night. The food was excellent; the atmosphere was very relaxed and very buzzy and the staff were extremely attentive and knowledgeable. The praline dessert was to die for and they kindly brought us a plate of petit fours with Happy Anniversary scrawled on the plate. The sommelier was extremely good and we enoyed his choices of both white and red wines. Would go back in a heart beat.

Anne Fox
Thursday, August 28, 2014

Very nice for a special occasion. Try and book the conservatory if you can, it's a lovely atmosphere. Food is good and your looking around £60 a head with a couple of drinks. Bit pricey but worth it for a rare night out.

Friday, May 03, 2013

I recently went for a romantic birthday lunch with my husband.

We were greeted by the staff who looked concerned that we may not have a table as they hadnt been able to confirm my booking with me. They only had my work details and I had not been in work for a few days, my advice, ring them if you havent heard from them 24 hours before you are due to arrive!

The restaurant was beautiful, I imagine even more so at night with the candles and fire on.

The staff were friendly and accomodating and even prepared me something from the a la carte menu and put it on the set menu for me, very kind of them.

The food was nice, it wasn't as amazing as I thought it would be but was nice.

My starter of chilled soup was very chilled and not something that I enjoyed to be honest. My main of pasta was lovely but very filling and I didnt sample a dessert. My husband, a meat eater, thought the food was great. The set lunch menu is well worth the money.

Tuesday, August 28, 2012