La Porchetta (Muswell Hill)

265 Muswell Hill Broadway, London, N10 1DE - View on a map

Went to la porchetta muswell hill this evening New Year's Eve. the waiters are a joke. we waited ten minutes to be asked if we wanted a drink.

Service was terrible and did not rate the food neither has gone really down hill.

Won't be going back.

Katie derson
Thursday, January 01, 2015

I was really happy to see that La Porchetta has reopened.

Unfortunately it is now smaller than previously. However the food was still amazing. The waiters were brilliant. It is so family friendly. I went with 5 children under the age of 6 and they went out of there way to make us feel welcome. They gave treats to the children at the end. The toilets are lovely modern and clean.

They still do the fabulous birthday sing song and throw dough at you!!!

We will definitely be back very soon. It's great to have such a child friendly restaurant in muswell hill. It is really reasonable too!

Libby - View all reviews by this user
Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Returning to the new La Porchetta after some time, I was shocked when a group of us (mid-week) went to celebrate a birthday....

Half the size, NO atmosphere, overly loud music playing but the re-vamp and table layout is bad..and too light for an evening meal...cold breeze every time the front door opened, (there was 2 doors in the old shop) and was going to sit at the back of restaurant but the kitchen was really exposed, not a nice sight..

Ordered pizzas mainly and just ONE pasta dish, which didnt come out from the kitchen until we reminded them to make it !!...It was NOT busy, just several tables mid week......Pizza's were disappointing too, we had the seafood one, with and could barely see any seafood on there. Also, the coffee latte's we had after dinner, were luke warm, even when requested REALLY HOT...

Will no to back. I too would stick to Fantozzi in Southgate.. But note:, the Pasta dishes in Fantozzi are smaller !!

Ohh,, yes, the comments earlier were spot on.. Low quality olives on pizza' have pips too?!?!

Real shame its lost its 'Italian' atmosphere it had for so long... Main reason i think is the new decor and layout.. could have done better for a small place.

Monday, November 10, 2014

I've personally been going to this pizzeria for years since the mid 90's, and it never dissappoints! I usually order my favourites pizza Quattro Stagioni or Pizza Napolitana. There's always a great ambience and soul which you never get with the big pizza chains. Some would say the interior decor is dated, but I like the kitch retro look myself, however I would criticize the toilets which are clean but shabby, in need of a refurbishment. The service is always attentive, efficient and very proffesional. Some particular waiters are superb with great attention to detail, with that charismatic Italian touch! I would highly recommend this pizzeria, because it pleases the most fussy of pizza connosieurs, (the pizzaiolo's are from Naples, Italy) can't get more authentic than that! Has that unique, independant feel, particular waiters are superbly proffessional, all this makes for a great night out, or lunch weekdays or weekends.

Sunday, December 08, 2013