Moorish Lounge

447 Streatham High Road, London, SW16 3PH - View on a map

Moorish Lounge Restaurant In London

This is my favourite restaurant. I love the staff, the atmosphere and on top of that byob. The service is slow but the food is always worth the wait. The set menu is very good, there is a good variety and good portion size.

Simone Eseanobi - View all reviews by this user
Thursday, January 22, 2015

Moorish is my regular favourite place to dine. Warm cosy atmosphere, perfect lighting, casual staff, relaxing. Food takes time arriving but I can aasure you it seriously is well worth the wait.

They have changed there style of cutlery which is now modern. I did prefer there old cutlery as plates were different and patterns were lovely. That added a touch of magic.

I have never been disappointed with there food been going now for 5 years with new and old friends and still were always very happy customer after a scrumptious feast.

Try it!

Ali
Tuesday, September 02, 2014

simply the best, love the people, love the food, so relaxed, my favourite place, have brought many friends, they all say the same

wish I could go every day.

tony and elaine
Saturday, August 23, 2014

BYOB is not a good enough reason to rate the place highly. Suggest avoid the set meals. The starters were all freshly prepared. There were small portions of the main course, all tagines, i.e very little meat/fish. Only one of the 3 sweets was available, a creme caramel that was overly sweet and certainly not to any English or French recipe as would be expected by its name. The service was appalling, including other tables being served before us who had arrived at opening time. At one point I cleared our own table. The place was excessively noisy, with loud music that was not turned down despite assurances. Only go there if you are v young and don't mind grubby carpet and slippery (grease?) toilet floor.

Sunday, February 16, 2014

There's always a bit of a wait, but it's byob, so you can drink at your leisure and makes the whole evening more of an event. Lovely friendly staff. My Family and I have been coming here for years and will for many to come! The babagonush is just fantastic. I've never had a bad night.

Jess - View all reviews by this user