Nancy Lam's Enak Enak

56 Lavender Hill, Battersea, London, SW11 5RQ - View on a map

Nancy Lam's Enak Enak Restaurant In London

We went on a Friday night - but it was extremely quiet - with just one other table. Nonetheless, the staff were warm and inviting and engaged on the menu etc. Food was impressive - the mixed satay (chicken, pork and prawn) was excellent, with great delicate flavours.

Mains were nice and fresh too. Would highly recommend the sweet and sour prawns.

Drinks ok - perhaps room for improvement.

Don't bother with dessert...we didn't.....

Would highly recommend. Judging from reviews, perhaps we went on a quiet night (it was the first day of school holidays) - so hence the low score for atmosphere - but the food certainly makes up for that.

HW
Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Went to this place yesterday eve with my friends. Saw an old British actor sitting opposite us... just under Nancy Lam's big portrait. The owner herself was noticeably absent.

The food was beyond our expectations. As a real Southeast Asian, I definitely know Malay food and this restaurant did not disappoint. Fried vegetables & satay starters were nice. Our main courses: Penang pork, Sambal shrimps & fried squids were also very good. Did not try other desserts except the sorbets but everything was fine.

I just felt that the bill seemed to be hitting the roof for meals without wines & the fact that this restaurant has a non-central location. Not to mention the tiny portions. These are all very un-Malay to me.

MH - View all reviews by this user
Saturday, July 21, 2012

we had a brilliant meal at nancy lams. her food thai/indonesian food is absolutely divine and tastes home-cooked. the tom-yum soup is particularly tasty, though we also loved the gado-gado salad. Thai green curry was spectacular and Sweet thai basil was piquant and scrumptious.

the wine list is very good too. and the puddings are great.

the atmosphere at nancy lams is lovely too. nancy oversees proceedings, warmly greeting regulars and new arrivals alike. nancy's daughters provide warm and efficient service.

nancy lams is a true family restaurant - and what a talented family! nancy is a considerable artist and her paintings adorn the walls. her daughters run a high-end designer cake business on the side - which is probably why the puddings are so splendid!

The restaurant itself is spacious and comfortable, with a welcoming, jolly atmosphere.

above all, this place is tremendous value for money. i cannot recommend it highly enough.

john petter
Sunday, December 11, 2011

Went to Nancy Lam's Enak Enak on Saturday night with three of my friends,we all had a fantastic time! I found the service relaxed and friendly. The staff were very helpful, and guided us through the menu. The food was mouth watering.

Great vibe and great value for money.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Well, where do I start? Enak Enak is not just one of the best restaurants I have ever had the pleasure of dining in but it is a holy ground where I would be proud to worship anytime of the day. I can not begin to describe what an amazing time I have everytime I come here and therefore I must share my wonderful experience with fellow food lovers who are searching to encounter an everlasting taste that will become an obsession.

A famous starter and one of my personal favourites, which is the beef satay full of exotic flavours that naturally melts in the mouth. It is simply delicious accompanied with an extraordinary aroma.

The second dish which deserves a remarkable recognition is the appetising main dish, the Sambal Prawns which is spicy and succulent, cooked to perfection and bursting with flavour.

Enak Enak contains the whole package, perfect food along with a perfect service that has the ability to entice you in and wanting more.

Meena Halai