Nancy Lam's Enak Enak

56 Lavender Hill, Battersea, London, SW11 5RQ - View on a map

Nancy Lam's Enak Enak Restaurant In London

We went on a Friday night - but it was extremely quiet - with just one other table. Nonetheless, the staff were warm and inviting and engaged on the menu etc. Food was impressive - the mixed satay (chicken, pork and prawn) was excellent, with great delicate flavours.

Mains were nice and fresh too. Would highly recommend the sweet and sour prawns.

Drinks ok - perhaps room for improvement.

Don't bother with dessert...we didn't.....

Would highly recommend. Judging from reviews, perhaps we went on a quiet night (it was the first day of school holidays) - so hence the low score for atmosphere - but the food certainly makes up for that.

HW
Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Went to this place yesterday eve with my friends. Saw an old British actor sitting opposite us... just under Nancy Lam's big portrait. The owner herself was noticeably absent.

The food was beyond our expectations. As a real Southeast Asian, I definitely know Malay food and this restaurant did not disappoint. Fried vegetables & satay starters were nice. Our main courses: Penang pork, Sambal shrimps & fried squids were also very good. Did not try other desserts except the sorbets but everything was fine.

I just felt that the bill seemed to be hitting the roof for meals without wines & the fact that this restaurant has a non-central location. Not to mention the tiny portions. These are all very un-Malay to me.

MH - View all reviews by this user
Saturday, July 21, 2012

we had a brilliant meal at nancy lams. her food thai/indonesian food is absolutely divine and tastes home-cooked. the tom-yum soup is particularly tasty, though we also loved the gado-gado salad. Thai green curry was spectacular and Sweet thai basil was piquant and scrumptious.

the wine list is very good too. and the puddings are great.

the atmosphere at nancy lams is lovely too. nancy oversees proceedings, warmly greeting regulars and new arrivals alike. nancy's daughters provide warm and efficient service.

nancy lams is a true family restaurant - and what a talented family! nancy is a considerable artist and her paintings adorn the walls. her daughters run a high-end designer cake business on the side - which is probably why the puddings are so splendid!

The restaurant itself is spacious and comfortable, with a welcoming, jolly atmosphere.

above all, this place is tremendous value for money. i cannot recommend it highly enough.

john petter
Sunday, December 11, 2011

Went to Nancy Lam's Enak Enak on Saturday night with three of my friends,we all had a fantastic time! I found the service relaxed and friendly. The staff were very helpful, and guided us through the menu. The food was mouth watering.

Great vibe and great value for money.

Monday, November 21, 2011

Well, where do I start? Enak Enak is not just one of the best restaurants I have ever had the pleasure of dining in but it is a holy ground where I would be proud to worship anytime of the day. I can not begin to describe what an amazing time I have everytime I come here and therefore I must share my wonderful experience with fellow food lovers who are searching to encounter an everlasting taste that will become an obsession.

A famous starter and one of my personal favourites, which is the beef satay full of exotic flavours that naturally melts in the mouth. It is simply delicious accompanied with an extraordinary aroma.

The second dish which deserves a remarkable recognition is the appetising main dish, the Sambal Prawns which is spicy and succulent, cooked to perfection and bursting with flavour.

Enak Enak contains the whole package, perfect food along with a perfect service that has the ability to entice you in and wanting more.

Meena Halai
Monday, November 14, 2011

When I saw the price of the dishes, I was expecting a culinary treat. However, the food was rather average, with a syrupy, cloying and over-salted sauce, and rubbery meat.

Service was OK, though not particularly attentive. They could have sold me another beer if they'd only come over during the 15 mins I waited for food.

Decor and atmosphere is pretty abysmal. Dated and dingy.

Paul Larkin
Friday, October 07, 2011

We went to Enak Enak on Saturday night for a family celebration and having booked in advance we were given the best seat in the house sitting under a painting of Nancy. We were greeted by a softly spoken waitress, who, although didnt volunteer information about the dishes, when asked was highly knowledgeable and gave good advise about portion sizes and dishes that would compliment one another.

We opted to order as a group and share the dishes. The mixed starter platter was great, with so many different flavours and textures not to heavy or greasy for a starter.

For the mains we had a selection of different dishes which were delicious. With a combination of fragrant, light dishes and some deeper spicier flavours it was a great mixture of different flavour combinations. Some highlights were the gado gado, beef rendang & the sambal pork!!!

The atmosphere was relaxed and whilst the dcor is a little tired, you are certainly made to feel very welcome. Our evening was enhanced when Nancy herself appeared from the kitchen and it transpired that she was the one who had been responsible for cooking up our delicious feast. She was very humble and took time to talk to all the parties in the restaurant often assisting with menu choices.

We went to the restaurant with a bit of trepidation after reading some damming reviews on different website, however the evening exceeded all of our expectations and I cannot recommend the restaurant highly enough. My biggest concern was that the restaurant was a little on the quiet side. Whilst it is the middle of the summer I would expect a gem like this to be full to capacity especially on a Saturday night.

If you are looking for a relaxed atmosphere, with delicious freshly cooked good value food then I would certainly it to anyone. We should certainly be supporting independent restaurants that provide a change from the often monotone offering of our ever increasing change restaurants. Long live Enak, Enak!!!!!!

Kate Roberts