Alain Ducasse at The Dorchester

The Dorchester, Park Lane, Mayfair, London, W1K 1QA - View on a map

Alain Ducasse at The Dorchester Restaurant In London

I wish I had read the reviews and not relied on the Michelin rating. The expectation of a three star was one of an exceptional meal that would taste superb and be a visual treet. Oh dear what a let down, We had the taster menu and it started well with a very tasty crab dish, then started to go down hill. A bland vegetable dish I could have made at home. We had one scallop with a piece of cauliflower in a little sauce, it was cooked perfectly but this was basic at best, the desert was a sorbet vrtually anybody could make.The rest of the dishes were just not memerable enough to comment.Even the bread was poor some being tasteless and doughy. Service was highly efficient but it was difficult to understand the waiters commentary as in a heavy french accent and too quick. Didnt know the heritage of the venison either. I am being picky but at the price and with its rating I would expect excellence of the highest level. I could easily get better presented food for a third of the price, with friendlier service and much better ambience.

Andrew Tiplady
Sunday, February 08, 2015

We had the taster menu on Wednesday 16th of January at Alain Ducasse the Dorchester and the only thing that is memorable about it is the bill.

I must admit that the service was attentive – but the food did not have the ‘wow’ factor that I would expect from a 3 star Michelin restaurant and a £380 bill.

The only time I thought any of the food was ‘divine’ was the last dish which was a fruity sorbet, the rest was either okay, very salty or just quite nice.

Honestly, one of the courses was brussels sprouts leaves and cabbage on a damp duxelle of mushrooms covered in melted cheese!

I am truly disappointed and thinking what a waste of money it was – especially since my husband and I had saved up to come as a Christmas present to each other.

It is a classic case of Alain Ducasse, 3 star Michelin restaurant at the Dorchester being ‘product oriented’ rather than ‘marketing oriented’. They will not be able to rely on this reputation unless they satisfy customers needs and wants, which they are currently not doing.

What a waste of money - but at least we will remember it for that !

D Moore
Sunday, January 20, 2013

I had high expectations going to this restaurant.

To make it short - every star is fully deserved.

Creative and amazing food ***

Service is attentive, but not invasive. ***

Value for money ***

Would I go back? Oh yes. Actually I can't wait to go again.

jensk