Le Cafe Anglais

We are sorry but this restaurant has closed - The Reader Comments are shown for historical purposes only

No readers reviews yet.
Why not be the first and enter our competition to win a bottle of champagne.
Click here to write your review.

Cheese and Biscuits

Cheese and Biscuits - 6/10

Thursday, January 20, 2011 - If there were a few more dishes that matched the level of the parmesan custard or the lardo, and a few less like the aubergine or razor clams, then it would probably have been worth the money, but as it stands I can't help feeling there are better ways to spend over a ton in central London...In an evening of hits and misses, the misses were never disastrous and the hits may just be enough to tempt me back. After all, where else in London am I going to go for my fix of parmesan custard and anchovy toast?

Dos Hermanos

Dos Hermanos

Sunday, December 12, 2010 - A dozen Maldon Natives hit the spot although I never seem to get as much liquor with this variety as with others. Kumamotos were very briny with a long lasting taste...Skirt Steak (Bavette) came as four bloody chunks and was full of good beefy flavour. A Bearnaise was textbook as were a bowl of hot, crisp frites. Three scoops of Ice Cream were excellent and what a nice change it was to have real Ice Cream instead of gelato which seems to be so ubiquitous and popular in London these days.

Essex Eating

Essex Eating

Sunday, January 17, 2010 - I really only had eyes for the Parmesan custard and anchovy toast...I've heard it talked about so often, and couldn't wait to try it. Dipping a toast into the rich Parmesan custard and taking a bite....well, there's much talk about the savoury taste 'umami' - this dish has it in spades. Rich, seriously cheesy and seriously fishy, It's unusual that's for sure, but it works and it's very moreish...I would like to go back and try again.....give LCA another go. It certainly is a beautiful restaurant and a real experience.