Negril

132 Brixton Hill, London, SW2 1RS - View on a map

The food here USED to be ok, but my recent trip was a huge disappointment. The curries are just bland gravy rubbish with little actual meat in them and the jerk chicken was as dry as a desert. We were sitting inside (it took nearly an hour to get served) and could hear the microwave pinging constantly. Will not go back. Very overpriced for the amount of food and all you get is presentation... staff are rude.

Jimmy Blake
Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Last summer i was there at least 3 times a month, loved the food and service was.... to be honest ok. Food was making up for it.

Last month i went there, service was rude and chicken dry but as I really liked this place went there again last week and sadly have to say that was last time!

Me and my partner notices chips were just not not good (old?) as we both notice it, i let waitress know. What surprise I had when she just took one chip and tried it :o Then she pulled face and said, they great but if you dont want them I take them back. Well I do want chips, but she refused to change them!!!! Looked at me and again said: You want it or not? WOW WOW WOW

Im sorry Negrill you lost two good customers and I make sure never ever to recomend it to anyone. (I use to)

Called with complain last week, spoke with lovely girl, been promised call back from manager. Never happened !!!

Patrycja
Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Best Caribbean restaurant in London!

loubelou
Saturday, March 03, 2012

The reviewer called Saron who posted on Sep 18th must know the owners!

I've lived in Brixton for 10 years, and Negril always prided itself on it's organic ingredients. That seems to have been quietly shelved.

I went there for dinner recently and it was excellent. Not amazingly cheap, but Caribbean food doesn't tend to be round here.

Went there this morning for breakfast. Took 1-20 minutes to actually get menus and get order taken, and that was only because we were strenuously looking for a waiter to get served.

Full English, with tea included, was 7.95. One sausage, 1 egg, 2 slices of very fatty streaky bacon, beans, 4 slices of toast, mushrooms, half of one grilled or fried tomato. For £8. Seriously overpriced, a greasy spoon would give you more food, and the same quality, for a lot less, and the tea would be proper builders tea as well. And it took us over an hour to get in and out of there.

Worth a try for dinner/normal menu, but not for breakfast-it's definitely living off past glories on that one. I think it does well as it's a quirky spot, but ultimately, the breakfast is just not very good and is expensive. Sorry.

bootsy