Bea's of Bloomsbury

44 Theobald's Road, Holborn, London, WC1X 8NW - View on a map

I've been visiting Bea's on my lunch breaks and for morning coffee ever since I started working nearby. I consider myself blessed to have such a lovely independent cafe that I can go to, rather than one of the usual chains. The thing I like best is that the menu changes all the time and there is always a new soup or salad or sandwich to keep things interesting. The cakes and other sweet things are gorgeous, if a little rich sometimes. I have only ever experienced grumpy service once or twice when they were busy. I would agree with Bea's comment below that their St Paul's shop is better suited to the full afternoon tea thing. Highly recommend if you are local!

Harriet
Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Rather Unusual Chinaman

A Rather Unusual Chinaman

Monday, March 08, 2010 - I hate to say it, but coffee is merely a distraction in Beas. The minute you walk through the door, you pass an elaborate display in the window and are immediately confronted with some of the most delicious cupcakes you are likely to lay your eyes on. The cupcakes themselves are available in an array of flavours, which change every day. On my visit I opted for a Baileys and chocolate cupcake, with the use of flavoured buttercream instead of icing leading Bea to label it an 'anti' cupcake, not one for the traditionalists. Personally, I thought they were bloody lovely, viva la revolution!