Fino

33 Charlotte Street (entrance on Rathbone Street), Fitzrovia, London, W1T 1RR - View on a map

Fino Restaurant In London

A decent restaurant but expensive and much worse than that, all the food is EXTREMELY salty. There is far too much salt in everything to the point that after the third dish or so, you just can't eat any more because of the sheer quantity of salt you've eaten. It's a shame because it's potentially very good, but for the love of God cut about 90% of the salt out, you're ruining it.

Saturday, December 21, 2013

I am lucky enough to eat out frequently as part of my job which has seen me dine in a lot of the better restaurants in London. Fino is most definitely not one of these restaurants, appalling food served in such miniscule portions that one is left dumbfounded.

Very rude waiting staff and a manager who has absolutely no idea what he is doing - especially not when it comes to dealing with complaints - of which he had so many over the weekend i dined with them that he actually confused my complaint with another customers. LAUGHABLE.

Worst of all when the TINY portions were finished the less tiny bill arrived (£150).

Avoid at all costs as there are far far far superior tapas places in London at much cheaper prices - cambio de tercio, Jose and Brindisa immediately come to mind.

Monday, September 09, 2013

An excellent evening for four of us in one of Fino's booths. Starting at 6.45, the staff were friendly and helpful and took time to explain the dishes. We had calcots, croquetas with jamon, crispy pork belly, arroz negro, octopus with capers, cured beef, pan con tomate and a tortilla with some glasses of albarino and a carafe of red wine. Everything arrived promptly, was nicely presented and was delicious.and very nicely presented. We even found space for desserts, which we don't normally do; the turon and santiago tart were particularly good.

Great value for money for a West End restaurant.

Peter Walnut
Friday, February 22, 2013

Expensive very small tapas wine list overpriced no personal service we had be served by robots no reactions no personality at all

I recommend better spanish places to go as pizarro or cambio de tercio

Not a great job the bosses suppose to to change all the staff managment included

Ill never go back or recommend this place.

Antonio gomez - View all reviews by this user
Wednesday, October 03, 2012

My girlfriend and I desided to go to Fino for our anniversary after watching the program with Gordon Ramsay. I am Spanish and therefore I was really excited about the idea of finally finding a decent Spanish restaurant in London that would suit my spectations. Unfortunately, it was a very disappointing experience. It is extremely over priced!! the bill came to be £100, which we were ready to pay but NEVER for the following things: Staff was nice but not worth £100 (it has come to my ears that Fino is one of those clever restaurants that keep the tips coming from credit cards!! terrible..), the food was a joke, we paid around £4 for two croquetas!! TWO! and £6.80 for three silk thin slices of Manchego!! £4 for two slices of bread!! I mean it can't get more ridiculous than that... I couldn't wait for my main as I was pretty hungry after our starter feast! guess what? another dissapointment, I ordered Crisp Pork Belly for £14 to received a plate that was as small as the starters! the meet was nice but snowed in pieces of salt that I could take out of my mouth with my fingers, in addition, I had to pay for a portion of chips as it just comes alone, in its small plate.... funny thing is that everything I ordered was recommended by the waiter, I don't want to imagine otherwise... The manager thinks he's better than his customers so arrogance and fake aggggg

In conclusion, never again, not recommended and the most important... real thiefs, to the customers and to the staff... hahaha, good luck!

Michelle migariaf
Sunday, September 30, 2012

WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT!!!

After hearing so many great things about the place we decided to go for lunch. The menu looked superb and we ordered 6-7 dishes for the two of us.

All the dishes were average at best - the Pimientos de Padrón were slightly too bitter, the crispy squid was a bit chewy etc. Nothing prepared us for the tortilla that arrived with live egg and completely runny and the crispy pork belly that had an awful after taste and the skin had the consistency of toffee. When we complained about the food the manager argued with us, although at the end we were not charged for the pork belly that we returned.

We are not going back.

Tal Lev Ari
Friday, February 17, 2012

A Rather Unusual Chinaman

A Rather Unusual Chinaman

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - The rolling repertoire of mini meals started with the Spanish Cold Meat Platter and olives. Salty, fatty and pink with shining rounds of oily fat, the translucent slices disappeared pretty quickly - not sure which was the Chorizo and which was the Lomo but it was good all the same. Pan con tomate was an oversalted hunk of a doorstop loaf that was swiftly replaced with the chorizo & alioli tortilla. Crispy, gooey, salty and rich...Fino, perhaps you peaked too soon, but even so, worth the visit for the wine and puddings, but savouries, I've had better.