Little Sardegna

170 Blackstock Road, Finsbury Park, London, N5 1HA - View on a map

Little Sardegna Restaurant In London

My mum wanted to take me out for dinner and suggested here. When we arrived i was a little apprehensive but it turned out to be a good authentic experience.

We had a cold meat platter to start and it was all really good quality stuff. The breads were nice but possibly could've been a tad fresher. They did seem like they were made in house though.

Calamari was really tender and tasty, served with peas and cherry tomatoes. I have to say the peas seemed a bit overcooked and didn't really compliment the soft delicate flavoured calamari so I left most of them.

Mum had fish, I think it was bream and it was simply but beautifully cooked and served with nice freash brocolli and a few potatoes. Presentation isn't really what its about here, but flavour and quality was spot on.

One thing I thought was a bit bizarre was a man who started loudly singing and playing accordion during the meal. I did try and engage and sing along a bit after a few beers as he was hard to ignore, but it did feel a little inappropriate as there weren't many customers and he was right next to us. This made conversation rather challenging.

Overall though I enjoyed the food and the genuine feel of the restaurant. It looks like they specialise in pasta so if you're a fan this could be a good bet. I also enjoyed the beer which was a local brand from Italy I had not tried or seen before.

Sunday, November 16, 2014