Mama Calabar

3rd Floor, Dexion House, 2-4 Empire Way, Wembley, London, HA9 0XA - View on a map

We went to mama calabar for our dads birthday and it was a terrible experience.

The food had a 45m delay coming out and when it did come out it was tasteless

we asked the lady politely to replenish the serving dishes as we had paid her for a buffet meal and the response we got was there will be no more food coming out. When we asked her about the conflicting information we were told that she does not have to answer to us and was extremely rude and unhelpful

so in actual fact she charged for a buffet meal but the serving in the dishes were per head as she refused to replenish the dishes. The lady also refused for us to put candles in our dads birthday cake on one of her serving tables when asked why she informed us that there is an extra charge for this. The plates we used were not cleared off the table and when we asked her about this she informed us that she was short on staff and she was doing this to help us ( ummm help us when over 15 of us were paying £18 per head for a meal and £10 for kids). . It was such a let down and we will never go there again.

anna - View all reviews by this user
Wednesday, May 28, 2014

If you think this restaurant is nothing to write home about, here is my advice, remain in your house and see if you can come up with the tasty and aromatic dishes that this restaurant serves it's customers. No doubt about the waiting time etc, but have you ever been to a restaurant where you are seated 'pronto' the moment you walk in??, if that be the case then shouldn't you think twice before you sit down in such a restaurant?, who knows, the food may equally be in front of you even before you are settled & ready to place your order.

I have dined in this restaurant time & again & for the first time, recently placed a large order that would last for a few days, I think they do a "damn good job" because I am one satisfied customer despite the 'dodgy entrance' etc that some of you are moping about.

I will definitely recommend this restaurant, in fact I have done that severally in the past.

Tosin
Sunday, March 30, 2014

Terrible experience, do not waste your time with this place.

The food is microwaved and the prices are ridiculous.

We waited 45 minutes after ordering to be served, after spending 10mins explaining to the waiter the order. An unfortunate experience.

One that I would not repeat, nor want others to. There are better African restaurant's further away and next time I will definitely make the effort.

Avoid at all costs.

Toki Ogunkolati
Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Very poor quality food! Not tasty at all! Egusi soup and Edikankan were atrocious!

Very poor customer service. Waiters were slow and couldn't remember who had paid for what!

Very poorly organised

I wouldn't visit again!

The food is not worth the price!

Tracy