The Paddyfield

4 Bedford Hill, Balham, London, SW12 9RG - View on a map

I cannot believe anyone would say anything bad about the food and service in this restaurant. It's by far my favourite restaurant ever, I used to leave in South London and enjoy their food and hospitality every week. Now I really miss it. Nothing can beat their Beef pho. Just love it. Service is friendly and honest. I felt very upset reading some of the above reviews, they work hard and deliver superb food. Deserve a lot of respect. The owner is always there caring for his regulars and giving you extras. Will definitely come back soon.

Sonia
Monday, April 13, 2015

We visited The Paddy Field as I had driven past this restaurant many times and we love Thai food.

The service was appalling - it took two hours to complete a simple meal order and when I asked several times 'any chance our food will come anytime soon' I was told we are very busy with take-aways tonight ! I always thought restaurants prioritise their sit in customers but this was clearly not the case at The Paddy Field.

The food was poor to average - fish cake starter portion was tiny and the fish cakes were greasy. The main was poor and full of oil.

The person running the restaurant offered us some desserts to say sorry - and when we had then waited another 30 minutes and nothing arrived we asked for the bill and we asked to take the 15% service charge of the bill as we had, had no real service. The manager (I assume he was the manager) was unhelpful and said 'we had said enough' when we said the meal was terrible and the service was poor too !

A real shame - since we are local. We will carry on going to The Pepper Tree in Clapham where the service is efficient, the food is excellent and it's half the price for good food !!

Saturday, May 18, 2013