Hix Oyster & Chop House

36-37 Greenhill Rents, Cowcross Street, Farringdon, London, EC1M 6BN - View on a map
Telephone: 020 7017 1930

Hix Oyster & Chop House Restaurant In London

No readers reviews yet.
Why not be the first and enter our competition to win a bottle of champagne.
Click here to write your review.

An American In London

An American In London

Sunday, July 18, 2010 - The beef-and-oyster pie was as good as I remembered Londonelicious describing it. A flaky crust that tasted as good as it looked, and a filling that was rich and thick and chock full of generous hunks of beef and oyster. Memorably disappointing were the fish fingers (much too salty) and the porterhouse steak for two, a travesty for 65. I'd thought that, because we were around the corner from Smithfield Market and were at a restaurant with the words 'chop house' in the name, steak would be a good bet. Sadly, although the meat looked good, the steak was chewy, and worst of all - no flavor.

London Eater

London Eater

Monday, May 24, 2010 - I skipped dessert, and I enjoyed the overall experience. I wanted oysters and steak and it was delivered as suggested. A most pleasant Anglo affair. The atmosphere is the real winner, I hadn't a clue what a 'real' chophouse is suppose to feel like, but this one is certainly cosy. I think there are several London gourmet pubs which will compare well against HO&CH, especially in 2010, but having said that this is a restaurant I would return to, especially to try the steak & oyster pies. Simple pleasures eh.