Matsuri (St James's)

15 Bury Street, St James's, London, SW1Y 6AL - View on a map

Matsuri (St James's) Restaurant In London

I was very much looking forward to this as I am a huge fan of Japanese food. The food was very nice but over priced relative to the other top Japanese restaurants in London. The worst part was the service which was very slow and rude. We mentioned at the end of the meal there were a lot of bones left in one of the fish dishes. The manager was then sent over which at the time I presumed was to apologise but no he told us in no uncertain terms we were wrong and bones were normal in a filleted piece of fish.

This is a restaurant where you pay £100 plus a head just on food and it should therefore be close to perfect, which it is not. Nobu is much better and even Sushisamba beats this.

STAY AWAY!!!!!

Giles Barrett
Monday, July 29, 2013

I have been to Matsuri several times in the past and was looking forward to going again. The first thing I noticed was the new bar area, a great improvement on the old one, even though the Italian bartender was a little hard to understand. Alas it was down hill from there. Gone is the traditional Japanese welcome at the bottom of the stairs and gone are the Japanese/Chinese waitresses. Italian head waiter, Italian manager, Italian wine waiter, if I wanted to go to an Italian restaurant I would do so.

Food was OK but a little pricey, service has been better, staff looked stressed and tired and the atmosphere was non existent.

I shall not be going back.

Zhang Ziyan