Charlotte's Place

16 St Matthew's Road, Ealing, London, W5 3JT - View on a map

Charlotte's Place Restaurant In London

My husband and I ate dinner at Charlottes Place for the first time and really enjoyed it. The food was delicious and for the quality, fairly priced. The service was extremely attentive yet relaxed and un-snobby so overall it ended up being one of the most pleasant dining experiences we have ever had. Don't expect portions to be huge, but the quality of the cooking was fantastic and three courses left us very satisfied. Dessert portion was actually very generous. The complimentary bottle of sparkling water and home made bread is a great gesture. Definitely the best restaurant in Ealing and one of the nicest meals out we have experienced to date. Will definitely be returning.

Sunday, January 20, 2013

I cannot recommend Charlotte's Place highly enough.

The food was impeccable along with the friendly attentive service.

Unbelievably under-priced for such a fabulous culinary experience.

Will certainly be back for more.

Laura Campbell
Monday, November 05, 2012

Having visited Charlotte's Place with friends just before Christmas and enjoying a great experience, I returned last night with my husband for our anniversary.

As with my last visit, the food was impeccable - I had the Cornish mackerel tart followed by the black bream in a langoustine beurre blanc, both were delicious and perfectly cooked. I would happily have the same for dinner again tonight! My husband opted for the haddock and leek croquettes with runny duck egg to start which he enjoyed, followed by the beef onglet which was a beautiful piece of meat in both cooking and flavour.

For dessert I had a dark chocolate and Baileys marquise which, although tasty, was very rich and I had to let the other half polish off most of it. As is typical when we eat out, he chose to conclude with the cheeseboard, proclaiming it to be the best he'd 'ever had' - high praise indeed! It was refreshing to see the cheese kept at room temperature (although covered) as too many places seem to think fridge cold cheese is ok, thankfully not here.

Service was a bit patchy at the beginning - it took 20 minutes for someone to take our order - but it's a small place with a small number of staff and when in pleasant surroundings overlooking the common, this can be forgiven. Once orders were placed, food arrived at an enjoyable pace and we were never rushed or left wanting.

The menu is a fixed price based on either two or three courses (with only the cheeseboard at a supplement) and our bill, for three courses each plus wine, a couple of glasses of prosecco and one of port, was under £130 including service.

Charlotte's Place offers quality dining at neighbourhood prices and really is worth a visit - the evening prices are great value for money but the fixed price lunch is practically a steal! With a seasonal menu that changes monthly, I look forward to returning soon.

SJP - View all reviews by this user