Park Plaza County Hall, 1 Addington Street, Waterloo, London, SE1 7RY - View on a map
Telephone: 020 7021 1919

L'Italiano Restaurant In London

We booked online and had to specify what deal we wanted at the point of booking. We got there and sat down, they gave us the full menu even after we said reiterated we wanted the 2 course for £15 offer on arrival, they then provided us the reduced menu and asked if we could remind them what room we were staying in. We were not staying at the hotel. When we came to order they tell us the fryer is out of action so there was even less to choose from. Given that about half of the meals on the 2 for £15 menu you have to pay an extra £3.50 for, it was almost impossible to actually get 2 courses for £15. Starter came, it was nice, but nothing special, it was then a 40 minute wait for the main, we had to ask them if they could speed it up as we had tickets for something at 8pm, when it finally came out, one of the orders was the wrong meal, my sister had no choice to eat it, as we had 15 minutes to eat and get to another venue which was luckily only a few minutes away, even so, we couldn't wait any longer. My main was tiny and well, I have never seen mussels like that, I am going to assume that is what happens when you cook them too long, they were almost stringy.... the portion was also tiny (avoidance of any doubt I am a size 8). They then didn't charge us for the wine, I would hope that was a gesture of good will but they didn't say that so it was more likely a mistake, safe to say I didn't alert them to it and instead didn't bother arguing the 12.5% service charge they automatically added that they clearly didn't deserve. I should also mention the restaurant was practically empty when we arrived and only half full (at a push) when they left. Very disappointing, £15.00 that was really £18.50 for 2 courses was definitely not a bargain!

katy Smith