Chiquito (Staples Corner)

We are sorry but this restaurant has closed - The Reader Comments are shown for historical purposes only

I really don't think the owners or any of the chefs have been anywhere near Mexico. I have lived in the USA with Mexican families and eaten authentic Mexican food. My first surprise came as I noticed that burgers and ribs were listed on the menu. Which part of Mexico is this from?! Next, as a complimentary dish, we were given a bowl of popcorn. It was absolutely shocking! The food was mediocre but in no way resembled what I would consider to be good Mexican food. Since when is a burrito served toasted? I asked about a traditional Mexican drink - Horchata - which I am very fond of but the waiter just stared blankly back at me. Churros were dry and crunchy - they're supposed to be soft! Never going back, better to drive a little further from home than make a pit stop here. Complete waste of money. And they can't even extend us the courtesy of any form of Latino music... The atmosphere was awful!!

Eva