Queen of Sheba Ethiopian Restaurant

12 Fortess Road, Kentish Town, London, NW5 2EU - View on a map

I am a big fan of Ethiopian food, and found the best authentic dishes in this restaurant. Queen of Sheba's cuisine in next to none. Even on my trip to Ethiopia I did not find a good Ethiopian as the one in Queen of Sheba in Kentish Town. Warm ambient with a great service. I go back every time I visit London.

Salvatore Marinelli
Monday, September 16, 2013

Tastes like good home cooking. Ethiopian restaurants in my experience fall into two categories: food that is so good tastes like your mom cooked it and then there are those that the food was just prepared by some cook going through the motions. To enjoy an ethiopian restaurant the only way to go is to find one that tastes like home cooking. Queen of Sheba did it for me. The food was good, the service friendly and attentive and the environment is really cozy and everything from bathroom to chairs was clean and well maintained. Good value for money too.

Sunday, July 22, 2012

These reviews are a joke.

After reading all of your amazing comments I travelled across the length of London for dinner here last night. 40 minutes after ordering we were told our food was coming. 20 minutes later we were told they had run out of the flat bread the dish is served on & would be given rice instead so that we wouldn't have to wait any longer.

After one hour the food arrived. I was shocked that 1 chicken & 1 minced lamb dish (which we were told would be chunks of lamb) took this long to arrive. the chicken dish tasted like a microwave meal. It was in no way authentic Etheopian cuisine (which I have eaten before).

By the time it arrived I had lost my appetite & was so disappointed with the food that we ate & asked for the bill within 10 minutes.

To top it all off the waitress thought she'd try & con us with an "offer of gratitude"- The bottom of the menu states an additional service charge of 12.5%. Our 2 dishes came to £20.50. so with service charge that would have made it £22.50. When she brought the bill over it stated that with service charge it would have been £33, but that this would have been optional for us as we had waited so long for our food.

So all of a sudden the service charge shot up to £12.50 because she knew damn well we had no intention of paying it? You may be fooling all of your polite middle class twits who think they know good food, but you didn't fool us! What a shame.

crystal
Saturday, February 25, 2012

I've tried many Ethiopian/Eritrean restaurants in Europe, and I must say, best Ethiopian food I ever had. In fact, I keep going back whenever I visit London. Very warm atmosphere, with a great, detailed service. End of the meal, the coffee ceremony is an absolute must!!!

Salvatore - View all reviews by this user