Imperial China

White Bear Yard, 25a Lisle Street, Soho, London, WC2H 7BA - View on a map

We arrived on a Sunday afternoon as we had a rare Sunday together as a family and decided on the way to McDs to check this place out. We waited for ages by the door waiting for someone to approach us. The most moody waitress finally came and seated us between two other busy tables ( it was very quite overall so would have been nice seat somewhere quieter) she didn't say a word to us just showed us the table left a menu and walked away. I had to go and get myself another menu !!! I wasn't impressed with the food on offer and for the price they charged I expected better services. I was already about to leave when a waiter finally came over, also moody looking and he just looked at me, by now I had had enough and told him we are leaving, my husband who is less blatant than me said it was because of our 2 year old daughter. I'm glad we left after reading the reviews, I wouldn't have wanted to be forced to pay for a tip...safe to say we will never go again.

Kara H
Sunday, February 24, 2013

Took my daughter to a show in London and afterwards went into the Imperial China restaurant as it looked very inviting from the outside.

The initial greeting and seating routine was good.

We had one of the set meals for 2, and I have to say the soup and crispy duck courses were ok, but the main meal was laughable if it hadn't been so expensive.

The 3 dishes were served on what looked like side plates, nothing to keep the food hot while you ate.

Both of the meat dishes had not much meat and lots of thickly cut green and red pepper.

Why did the set menu consist of 80% green/red pepper? It was very disappointing and spoilt the evening a bit, especially as we had such a large selection of restaurants to choose from.

The service was prompt, but definitely would not advice or recommend to go there.

Mrs S Henry
Sunday, February 24, 2013

Went here New Years eve, had a great meal and service was good too.

Classic girl
Thursday, January 03, 2013

I`ve been to China several times & the food at this London restaurant was very good indeed. We didn`t have to wait long. I can`t understand why there are bad reviews.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I make a visit to Imperial China most times that I visit London. After reading some of the other reviews I was shocked with some people's experiences at the restaurant.

Each time I have visited (mostly during the day for Dim Sum) I have been seated either immediately or after no more than 5 minutes. I've found the staff helpful and efficient and a great atmosphere in there.

The food, in particular the Dim Sum, is some of the best that I've tasted in this country, and is sold at a competitive price.

I've never experienced any problems with the staff or their serving of meals. If I have any questions about the food or want recommendations they are always happy to help. I find with many places if you treat them with respect, the service will be ultimately better.

Overall: the best dim sum in London - go at off-peak times and you'll have a great time!

DimSumStudent