Gran Paradiso

We are sorry but this restaurant has closed - The Reader Comments are shown for historical purposes only

Each time we come to London we always try to have supper here and have always enjoyed it. The food and service are to be commended.

Sunday, September 01, 2013

Service was the best i have experienced in a london restaurant ever, waiters were polite, attentive and friendly. I like the oldy italian decor of the restaurant and the whole place had an edge of poshness about it. So refreshing to be made to feel like a patron rather than just walking a wallet - something unfortunately I have gotten so used to in the big chain restaurants. The tables aren't too close together and I like the choices on the menu although note the lack of a comprehensive drinks list.

The food at Gran Paradiso was lovely - my chicken in herbs and mushroom sauce was tender and tasty although as others have mentioned it seems a bit steep to charge £4 for the vegetables to accompany it (although they were cooked to perfection and delicious).

I will most definitely be coming back here again, it's a little more expensive than other places (the chains) but it's worth it for the quality of food and excellent service.

Thursday, April 11, 2013