Pizzeria Pappagone

131 Stroud Green Road, Finsbury Park, London, N4 3PX - View on a map

Their customer service is not good. We have booked a table for 6 people for 7 o'clock, we were late because of traffic, everywhere in london there is tolerance of 30 minutes. But I Pappagone not, we arrived there at 7:25, we were told that we were not allowed the starter, that is fine. we ordered the food and it took a bit long to come, we had the meal. But at the end we had ordered the dessert everyone on the table had dessert, some of us left the dessert half way, because we pushing us to go. So if they needed the table why let us order the dessert, that was not a good experience

de Carvalho
Monday, October 31, 2016

Best pizza best service best ambience. It's always a good sign when you turn up somewhere and your greeted by a smile and a handshake. Doesn't happen much any more.

Margherita
Wednesday, May 20, 2015

“Best night for a long time”

Thanks to a friend I was told to have my birthday party here and he was spot on. Service was fantastic from the moment we were greeted by the manager at the door. Food was incredible and the cocktails were superb especially the after dinner ones. Will definitely be going again soon.

Thursday, March 19, 2015

We booked a table for a special dinner with friends coming to London from Italy. After 20 mins from the time we booked, the table was not ready yet. Meanwhile we could see other people entering and getting seated straight away. A friend of mine was not feeling well and he needed to take a seat. When I complained about the 20 minutes waiting time even though I had booked a table, I was invited to leave the premises and never come back.

SyKaN
Sunday, March 08, 2015

This Stroud Green pizzeria is nearly always packed so we dropped in one Friday after a few drinks at The Noble (a friendly little pub further up towards Crouch Hill station). They managed to squeeze us into a high table on the bar side, as the dining room was rammed to the rafters.

Service was quick and to the point and our food came out quickly. We had a couple of mediocre but very strong cocktails plus a pizza and salad to share. The pizza had good flavour but was a little undercooked for our taste - we prefer a crisp base and theirs was a little soggy in the middle. (Maybe this was just because it was so busy...)

I guess the main appeal of this place is that its half decent, very casual and pretty cheap. We'd go back but I think Fabrizio is currently a better bet for a low-key pizza or pasta in N4.

-K- - View all reviews by this user