Pizzeria Pappagone

131 Stroud Green Road, Finsbury Park, London, N4 3PX - View on a map

Best pizza best service best ambience. It's always a good sign when you turn up somewhere and your greeted by a smile and a handshake. Doesn't happen much any more.

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

“Best night for a long time”

Thanks to a friend I was told to have my birthday party here and he was spot on. Service was fantastic from the moment we were greeted by the manager at the door. Food was incredible and the cocktails were superb especially the after dinner ones. Will definitely be going again soon.

Thursday, March 19, 2015

We booked a table for a special dinner with friends coming to London from Italy. After 20 mins from the time we booked, the table was not ready yet. Meanwhile we could see other people entering and getting seated straight away. A friend of mine was not feeling well and he needed to take a seat. When I complained about the 20 minutes waiting time even though I had booked a table, I was invited to leave the premises and never come back.

Sunday, March 08, 2015

This Stroud Green pizzeria is nearly always packed so we dropped in one Friday after a few drinks at The Noble (a friendly little pub further up towards Crouch Hill station). They managed to squeeze us into a high table on the bar side, as the dining room was rammed to the rafters.

Service was quick and to the point and our food came out quickly. We had a couple of mediocre but very strong cocktails plus a pizza and salad to share. The pizza had good flavour but was a little undercooked for our taste - we prefer a crisp base and theirs was a little soggy in the middle. (Maybe this was just because it was so busy...)

I guess the main appeal of this place is that its half decent, very casual and pretty cheap. We'd go back but I think Fabrizio is currently a better bet for a low-key pizza or pasta in N4.

-K- - View all reviews by this user
Wednesday, February 19, 2014

I was introduced to Pappagone by Italians living in London in 1998. I go every year at least once despite not living in North London anymore. Best Italian trattoria in London, I've tried others but not one can match them. Good products, good simple cooking, fair price and good service. Perfect.

Wednesday, November 06, 2013