Terroirs

5 William IV Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2N 4DW - View on a map

Terroirs Restaurant In London

Great, buzzy place with a very warm yet vibrant atmosphere and fantastically tasty nibbles. Steak tartare was the best I've had outside of France, maybe the best ever. I have given this place 9s across the board, but that's only because it was a quick bite before going on to a concert later. If they can keep this standard going across three courses it could well achieve perfect 10s. Wine list was exciting and extensive but not terrifying (price wise). I ordered an Arbouriou from Marmandais region, something I've never had before, and it was a revelation. Fantastic start to an evening, I heartily recommend.

Richard
Saturday, July 14, 2012

If you like good unusual wines with plates of cold meats and cheeses, this is the place to go to. Even dessert was of very good quality. The tables are a bit cramped and if you don't like meats the menu can be limited.

The service was friendly and the meals are well presented but the main deal is the very large choice of wines - no Hardys or Mondavi wines here but from small vineyards from mainly France and Italy.

One word of warning the bill climbs very quickly with the wines and various plates of ham.

Dutch_Food - View all reviews by this user
Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Cheese and Biscuits

Cheese and Biscuits - 6/10

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 - The whole experience had left me extremely uncomfortable, and I'm not just talking about that table. The dishes, though well-cooked and using good ingredients, were clumsily constructed and often unforgivably imbalanced, making the eating of them more of a challenge than a pleasure. I really wanted to like Terroirs, and clearly plenty of people do, but perhaps in the future I'll pay more attention to their excellent wine list. fact, if you approach Terroirs as a wine bar that can serve you the odd bit of food to stop you falling asleep on the train home, then perhaps you'll enjoy it more than I did.

Dos Hermanos

Dos Hermanos

Friday, February 12, 2010 - The new (ish) space is lovely, lively and buzzing and our table, over looking the bar gave us the perfect chance to watch the comings and goings of the staff...The place may be jumping and the menu may read well, but the execution is sloppy and the final results depressing. A dish of clams with ham and chilli came with enough added salt to make my blood pressure medication worthless. A salad of smoked duck breast with beetroot and hazelnuts should have made the most of terrific ingredients but swamped them with so much dressing as to make any flavours impossible to detect.