Delisserie (Mill Hill)

88 The Broadway, Mill Hill, London, NW7 3TB - View on a map

I want to amend my last review! THERE IS NOTHING GOOD ABOUT THE PLACE! I waited a very long time before going back in and trying again only to find different staff, same problems plus new ones!

Food: I started with chicken soup. It came with a lot of fat on the surface and it was cold! I had to send it back to be heated up! I ordered a burger and asked if it could be pink in the middle or rarer and was told by the waitress it could be, I also asked if it was big and she said yes so I was looking forwards to a nice big juicy burger of about a quarter pounder in size I'd be surprised if what turned up was an eighth pounder or thereabouts! After that being wrong the Manageress took over dealing with me and I tried again with something listed under jumbo hotdogs. It has in it thin little pieces of roast beef, horrible cheese that was melted I-don't-know-what mixed with I don't know and tasted horrible with caramelised onions and, strangely for a dish they call a hot dog, NO SAUSAGE! What I had was a beef, onion, and cheese ROLL/SANDWICH! So then I thought I'd give the salt beef and roast beef sandwich another go forgetting what it was like the last time as it was a long while ago. I asked if the beef was medium rare to rare, especially as I had seen elsewhere on the menu that the beef medium rare (pink in the middle) IT WASN'T! IT WAS WELL OVERCOOKED! It arrived cold straight out of the fridge! It didn't even cross the mind of anyone in the kitchen to put the very overcooked roast beef and the salt beef into the microwave and heat them up to at least room temperature! I sent the French fries back three times as the first two times they arrived they were the complete opposite to what I wanted, they came cold and not even remotely crispy! I had to show her a picture on my mini computer (that is what I call mobile/smart 'phones) of rare beef so that she could see what rare beef looks like! The owner is friends with my brother, but I will have to find some other way to talk to him without (using) that connection!

It gets MUCH TOO NOISY in there! It is so bad you have to shout at each other from half a foot away from each other! and the problem with sitting outside in the nice (cool) air is that the staff very rarely come out to attend to you!

DEFINITELY NOT VALUE FOR MONEY!

Fatg1t
Wednesday, June 24, 2015

The food is very much hit and/or miss. Sometimes it's lovely, other times it is not and needs to be sent back!

I wish I had checked the sandwich I ordered and bought at lunchtime before leaving the restaurant because it wasn't what it was supposed to be! What it was supposed to be was a salt beef and roast beef sandwich with pickled cucumber and mustard which was right according to the menu but not to me! I asked the waitress if the beef was pink to red in the middle (in other words medium rare to rare) and was told that it was, SHE LIED TO ME! I wouldn't be at all surprised if she lied just to get another sale! On opening it for dinner some time later back in my flat I found the beef to be well over-cooked (maybe that is why she lied to me, to get rid of the well over-cooked beef!) and the mustard content amounted to two small scrapes on the bread! The pickle content was two longish thin pieces. The only thing that was ok about the sandwich was the rye bread! The salt beef was also well over-cooked!

The atmosphere is often VERY noisy!

Fatg1t