Dotori

3 Stroud Green Road, Finsbury Park, London, N4 2DF - View on a map

We had heard great things about this Korean-Japanese place and managed to secure a table for a Sunday evening. It's always very busy and we were told we could have the table for an hour and a half, which is fine for us but others may feel that's a bit rushed. That said, the food arrived promptly and the service was generally attentive. Yakitori were tasty but very skinny, Korean meat dumplings were fine, and the vegetable tempura was nice and light but tasted like the oil might need changing. A sizzling pork belly dish was decent, quite spicy, but chicken teriyaki seemed to have been cooked earlier and reheated so it was a bit chewy. Overall, the food had good flavour and came in generous portions but we weren't wowed and wouldn't rush back. The sushi looked good though, so maybe that's their strength. Good value too, so worth a try if you're local.

-K- - View all reviews by this user
Monday, May 13, 2013

What can I say? The price, the quality, the authenticity, the size of the menu, the standard of the cooking are all eleven out of ten. I have lived in China and Korea and Japan over the last ten year and let me tell you....Nowhere comes close to this restaurant in the UK for its sheer quality.....

The downsides..... You have to book well in advance.....You will be limited as to how long you can have the table. 'm not surprised at these prices. The vakue is outstanding.

This restaurant is a fusion of Japanese and Korean both of which are served perfectly.

Truly my favorite restaurant in London & it is no more than 2 minutes walk from Finsbury Park tube with a taxi office 20 seconds walk away.....

Superb......The ultimate!!!!!!

Simon A
Friday, March 29, 2013

We've eaten here many times and never been disappointed. Always very busy so you need to book. I'm surprised by some of the comments. We've never experienced rude staff and only ever had good food and we've pretty much tried everything.

Monday, March 25, 2013

VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!!

I've been here many times and food is wonderful. However I did book a table three days in advance for Saturday night at 20:30 and when I got there at 20:28 they already gave my already booked table to someone else and they ask me if I can go somewhere and come back at 21:10. VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!

No point in booking.

Myriam
Sunday, March 10, 2013

Rude inattentive service and mediocre food. Don't bother.

Saturday, August 25, 2012