Dotori

3 Stroud Green Road, Finsbury Park, London, N4 2DF - View on a map

We had heard great things about this Korean-Japanese place and managed to secure a table for a Sunday evening. It's always very busy and we were told we could have the table for an hour and a half, which is fine for us but others may feel that's a bit rushed. That said, the food arrived promptly and the service was generally attentive. Yakitori were tasty but very skinny, Korean meat dumplings were fine, and the vegetable tempura was nice and light but tasted like the oil might need changing. A sizzling pork belly dish was decent, quite spicy, but chicken teriyaki seemed to have been cooked earlier and reheated so it was a bit chewy. Overall, the food had good flavour and came in generous portions but we weren't wowed and wouldn't rush back. The sushi looked good though, so maybe that's their strength. Good value too, so worth a try if you're local.

-K- - View all reviews by this user
Monday, May 13, 2013

What can I say? The price, the quality, the authenticity, the size of the menu, the standard of the cooking are all eleven out of ten. I have lived in China and Korea and Japan over the last ten year and let me tell you....Nowhere comes close to this restaurant in the UK for its sheer quality.....

The downsides..... You have to book well in advance.....You will be limited as to how long you can have the table. 'm not surprised at these prices. The vakue is outstanding.

This restaurant is a fusion of Japanese and Korean both of which are served perfectly.

Truly my favorite restaurant in London & it is no more than 2 minutes walk from Finsbury Park tube with a taxi office 20 seconds walk away.....

Superb......The ultimate!!!!!!

Simon A
Friday, March 29, 2013

We've eaten here many times and never been disappointed. Always very busy so you need to book. I'm surprised by some of the comments. We've never experienced rude staff and only ever had good food and we've pretty much tried everything.

Monday, March 25, 2013

VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!!

I've been here many times and food is wonderful. However I did book a table three days in advance for Saturday night at 20:30 and when I got there at 20:28 they already gave my already booked table to someone else and they ask me if I can go somewhere and come back at 21:10. VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!

No point in booking.

Myriam
Sunday, March 10, 2013

Rude inattentive service and mediocre food. Don't bother.

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Food is generally good but the service was appalling both times I visited. They brought the wrong order but when this was pointed out the waitress was rude and aggressive. They forgot to bring the miso soup and when we asked for refund on this another waitress refused this, so I had to ask to speak to a manager (eventually they offered tea for free). On another occasion, we were seated 20 minutes late. The waiter brought a menu for dessert, but when we tried to order, he told us to leave as our table was booked. We had had only just over an hour since we were seated. I am not sure if it is worth the trouble.

anon
Saturday, November 05, 2011

Heard about Dotori through the grapevine and luckily booked up a place for Sunday as I read previous reviews that it can get packed.

Took a short bus trip and was pleasently suprised it's just literally a stone's throw from the station. Location of Dotori, which situates itself in East London is a BONUS as there is lack of/none of these restaurants here.

Dotori do both Korean and Japanses cuisine. We both decided to try Korean food and we ordered some Kanpoongi, broth - Kimchi Chigae and Yukaejang. Salad came as complimentary side dish, which was great and refreshing. The amount of Chigae and Yukaejang was generous and full of flavour. The Kanpoongi was meticiously presented and tasted great as well.

Price of the whole meal was just right and tasted like Home cooked food.

Service was good and atmosphere was comfortable.

Will definately be back very soon to sample the sushi as by looking at other patrons having them, it's mouthwatering.

Foodhunters
Monday, October 17, 2011

one of my regular places. A rarety difficult to find these days in London. The atmosphere is very pleasant and the staff are very polite and professional. The food is surprinsingly fresh and the cleaniness standards are good. A must unless you are not into original oriental food but make sure to reserve a table if you want to be seated.

bibi - View all reviews by this user