Tandis

73 Haverstock Hill, Chalk Farm, London, NW3 4SL - View on a map

Tandis Restaurant In London

We ordered some delivery from Tandis on 14th of February for the first time and believe that was the worse experience of iranian food I ever had. We ordered two portions of chicken and mince lamb however the meat was so unfreshed and dry that middle of eating it I just gave up and through it away. Basically we called them around 3 in the afternoon and food arrived 20 past 4 pm! We were so hungry and excited to have a nice Persian meal, nevertheless as soon as I opened the plate , face with half portion dry food. It was very disappointing and I will never ever contact this restaurant in the future.

Soroush - View all reviews by this user
Saturday, February 14, 2015

Tandis is a very good restaurant on Haverstock Hill. It is sadly rarely full so the atmosphere suffers somewhat for that but I put this down to its location rather than to any lack of popularity.

The food is tasty, unusual and very reasonably priced. I particularly like their stews (try the Khoresh Aloo Esfenaaj which contains lamb, plums and spinach) their kebabs and the Loobiya - beans in a tomato sauce. Their take-away food is also reliably prepared and generous. I have organised group dinners there and have no complaints at all.

As for the staff, they are polite and always smiling but not effusive. I like it that way.

Alec Haydon