Hazuki

43 Chandos Place, Charing Cross, London, WC2N 4HS - View on a map

Hazuki Restaurant In London

Absolutely awful, one of the worst meals in my whole life. Starter tasted like refrigerated cat food cubes. Miso soup was cold and tasteless. My white wine was served luke warm.

I did complain after our starter, to which the waitress just grunted at me and disappeared downstairs. The waitresses only come upstairs to deliver your food, so there is no one to check on you for long periods of time. These times became longer, after I had complained.

Our main course was fatty, oily and also tasteless. Everything tasted like it had been sitting out for a very long time, ready to ship out.

Although the food was horrendous, the worst part of time evening was talking to the manager. After I had asked the waitress to see him, he rudely stomped up the stairs and just said "yeah". I explained (in what I thought to be a very calm, honest way) That we simply had not enjoyed out evening or the food. He loudly started to say that we were wrong and his food is the best Japanese around, and that we clearly did not know what "traditional" Japanese food tastes like. He asked for a list of Japanese restaurants I had eaten in, and refused to let me speak anymore. He reluctantly gave us a pathetic 10% off. I was so shocked at his inappropriate reaction that we just paid and left. We were now late for out show and I did not want to waste anymore time with him.

Totally ruined our evening! £53 on disgusting, inedible food.

Do not waste your time!

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Good food, but painfully slow service. 3 dishes, which were just starters, in one and a half hour is simply unacceptable.

Pinkpuppy
Tuesday, February 12, 2013

My friends and I stepped out of the cold London night ready for sushi and hot bowls of udon. The waitress warned us that we had come in at a particularly busy time and that it might be a long wait for our food to arrive. Our cravings for Japanese food outweighed this warning, however, and we sat down. After what seemed like an unusually long time, the waitress returned to take our orders. About 15 minutes had gone by since our orders were taken when the waitress appeared at our table again. She told us that our food would take a very long time to come out and then proceeded to stare at us awkwardly without saying anything. It got to the point where one of my friends asked her if she was trying to ask us to leave the restaurant. The waitress gave us a blank stare and said, "I don't know." She stood there staring at us until we finally decided to walk out into the snowy London night, empty stomachs grumbling. I have never been kicked out of a restaurant, much less forced to kick myself out of one, and I hopei to never repeat the experience again.

Sophie - View all reviews by this user
Monday, February 11, 2013

We love Hazuki and use it for business lunches all the time. The food is delicious and reasonably priced for Japanese. If I've I could find maybe one issue - the service doesn't really come with a smile and if you get a bad day can be a bit haphazard but not enough for us to remember a specific incident.

Rich