Hazuki

43 Chandos Place, Charing Cross, London, WC2N 4HS - View on a map

Hazuki Restaurant In London

Absolutely awful, one of the worst meals in my whole life. Starter tasted like refrigerated cat food cubes. Miso soup was cold and tasteless. My white wine was served luke warm.

I did complain after our starter, to which the waitress just grunted at me and disappeared downstairs. The waitresses only come upstairs to deliver your food, so there is no one to check on you for long periods of time. These times became longer, after I had complained.

Our main course was fatty, oily and also tasteless. Everything tasted like it had been sitting out for a very long time, ready to ship out.

Although the food was horrendous, the worst part of time evening was talking to the manager. After I had asked the waitress to see him, he rudely stomped up the stairs and just said "yeah". I explained (in what I thought to be a very calm, honest way) That we simply had not enjoyed out evening or the food. He loudly started to say that we were wrong and his food is the best Japanese around, and that we clearly did not know what "traditional" Japanese food tastes like. He asked for a list of Japanese restaurants I had eaten in, and refused to let me speak anymore. He reluctantly gave us a pathetic 10% off. I was so shocked at his inappropriate reaction that we just paid and left. We were now late for out show and I did not want to waste anymore time with him.

Totally ruined our evening! £53 on disgusting, inedible food.

Do not waste your time!