La Locanda

35 Heddon Street (off Regent Street), Mayfair, London, W1B 4BP - View on a map

Took my girls away for a long weekend to London. We wanted an Italian for our last night so booked a table for 8:30 at La Locanda and when we arrived we were looked after and they catered for our every requirements. The food come piping hot and our starters and mains were absolutely fabulous. Thank you to all the Staff and Chef for a lovely meal. If their was anything missing ir would be a little Italian background music. We will definately return for another meal when next in London. Thanks....Nic, Emma, Jenni & Katie

Nicola Fieldsend
Saturday, March 08, 2014

Had a happy day out in London and a very merry evening in this neat little trattoria just off Heddon Street. The food was very nice and well priced, (cheapish for this part of London). Nice friendly staff. All in all a good clean friendly restaraunt serving good quality food. Good finish to our day out in the capital.

Saffiebabes
Sunday, October 06, 2013

Good day out in London yesterday doing my touristy bit. thought i'd finish off in this neat little restaurant La Locanda in Heddon Street just off Regents Street. Having been there before i was expecting a repeat experience. Well i am happy to say it was a wonderfull meal, great service and great attendance and banter with the owner whom i now call Mr Franco. This is not a top class restaurant but for the price you pay (its worth more just for the great relaxing atmosphere} its a great place to go and relax in and enjoy the lovely food on offer. Don't expect to much POSH just Relax ENJOY and be happy.

Robert Williams
Thursday, June 27, 2013

I read many reviews by British customers and they are all very favourable, all the customers seem to be really satisfied with the service and above all the food. I'm an Italian teacher and last week I was in London with 32 students and 2 colleagues. The travel agency booked all our dinners (4 evenings) at La Locanda. I'm very sorry but I have to say that the food was really bad, the sauce on the pasta nearly uneatable, the only vegatables we saw were fried potatoes, we had to ask to have just some salad. As I'm sure that no restaurant could survive in London preparing such bad food, I believe that was done deliberately, I mean they served us left over or stuff like that just to save money. I have to say that the students complained but they ate the food anyway. And believe me, I'm not choosy: I had street food in Beijing two years ago.

As many other Italian housewives, I can do much better!

PS. The staff was kind.

Daniela Bagni - View all reviews by this user
Saturday, March 02, 2013

Just returned from a evening in London, went for a walk and to find somewhere nice to eat. Remembered visting La Locanda many years ago and thought we would return this time taking our son and his wife.

Can only say that it was better than we remembered! All four of us had different food on all 3 courses all of which were wonderful - portions very big lots of fresh vegetables we couldnot fault anything!

The service was really good - there when you wanted but not in your face!

Owner around watching that everything was ok with a lovely smile at all times...

Will definitely be returning

Diane Jackson
Sunday, February 03, 2013

Great restaurant. Just tucked off Regent's Street. Delicious unfussy food, great service, very unpretentious. Really good value.

chris oulton - View all reviews by this user
Thursday, January 24, 2013

I can only agree with others who have visited this little gem. If you are looking for value for money and don't want to be ripped off in London, pay a visit, you will not be disappointed. The owner has been there for years together with many of the staff. I cannot find a better value restaurant in London.

Monday, August 27, 2012

After reading reviews on this website I thought I was in for a truly shocking meal - how wrong I was!

Firstly, do not go expecting gourmet London cuisine as you won't get it here! Instead you'll find a humble, friendly atmosphere and food which is a bargain when compared to the overpriced restaurants you find littered down Heddon Street.

Portions are extremely generous, staff are friendly and efficient and the surroundings are homely and warm.

I have to completely disagree with those people who have rubbished this place and have put that down to a simple dislike for this restaurant or perhaps they went in expecting fine dining and world-class chefs cooking the latest dishes?

Rest assured if you ever stumble upon this place, you'll leave feeling suitably full with a smile on your face from the warm welcome given by staff here.

Peter Baines
Thursday, June 21, 2012

On a girls shopping trip to London we chanced across La Locanda and what a find it turned out to be.

Where in central London can you find a 3 course meal for under £15? The Ritz it certainly isn't but the menu is extensive and there was plenty of choice even for my friend who is vegetarian.

The food was well cooked and the portions generous. Although it was the height of the lunchtime rush we were served quickly by staff who were polite and friendly.

Great coffee by the way.

Will certainly come back again when next in London.

Lyn Haynes
Sunday, March 04, 2012

On my many visits to London I always manage to find time to visit La Locanda in Heddon st,,this is a very busy bistro and the food is wonderful, the staff are all very friendly and the owner Mr Franco Boni is always attentive and accomadating, I love the atmosphere of this bistro, it almost feels like I am back in Italy

Eunice