Cafe Rouge (Greenwich)

Hotel Ibis Greenwich, 30 Stockwell Street, London, SE10 9JN - View on a map

Went here a while back and it was my first experience of cafe rouge.

Slightly dodgy start as it was busy outside, being sunny and we secured a table getting in quickly. A gentleman (loose description) promptly claimed he wanted the table in an aggressive manner 2 seconds after we arrived. He looked pretty angry but it wasn't reserved and the three of us were now seated. I was with a 14 year old girl at the time so well inappropriate.. We wryly noted he looked like he might come back with some sort of weapon!

Anyway, after that it was fine, actually pretty good for a chain.

Snails were nice and garlicky and not too chewy, but served minus shells which I'm not so keen on aesthetically and experience wise.

My lovely cousin had a chicken baguette and fries which she liked. I tried the fries and they were fine, better than ok, crisp thin, salty. I love salt! I forget what my other cousin had but my small side salad was acceptable. Beer was standard, Stella, boring but does the job

Not too bad at all, works well in a mega touristy area like this but not necessarily gonna seek other RCs in future. Snails were good, price pretty good. Yeah, I kinda liked it really. Apart from scary fellow customer at the beginning...Giving 5 for service based on that incident as I would have preferred waiters allocating tables to an altercation with the bloke previously mentioned.

Kedi