Pepenero

The Sphere, 114 Silvertown Way, London, E16 1EA - View on a map

Pepenero Restaurant In London

I visited this restaurant on 02.06.13 for lunch and we were one of only three tables occupied. The food was pretty poor and the service atrocious. Please don't waste your money! We had to ask for everything - could we have some bread please, could someone take our orders please, could we order drinks please! Then, when the wine arrived, it was unceremoniously dumped on our table. We weren't offered a taste and it wasn't poured. After 40 mins wait we managed to order. When our starters arrived, one had to go back immediately - the calamari was pale and soggy and unappetising. My parma ham and melon was exactly that, out of the packet on to a plate. The fish platter was ok. The main courses were slightly better but not much, though my Pollo Sorpresa tasted of an abundance of raw garlic. My Tiramisu dessert was bland and mushy and floating in a bowl of single cream, again very unappetising. The waiter was sullen bordering on rude and seemed only interested in flirting with his attractive colleague. Pepenero is really not worth the prices they charge and this was a birthday celebration lunch that could have been so much nicer. Next year we will go elsewhere and it will be!

Cazzie Smith
Tuesday, June 04, 2013

a lovely restaurant in east London, close to Canning Town station, has a wicked menu and even better Special Board, Last night I had scallops for starter and Skate for main, it was wonderful. The staff are very pleasant, the venue cosy.

Patricia Evett