Kennington Tandoori

313 Kennington Road, Kennington, London, SE11 4QE - View on a map

Kennington Tandoori Restaurant In London

I visited this restaurant with a friend today (Sunday 16 Feb). On arrival we thought it must be closed as it was completely empty at about 2pm but we were welcomed in. The decor is very smart and comfortable. We chose the set Valentine's weekend menu at £30 per head which included pappadums and the usual pickles, various vegetarian starters, a good choice of mains - we chose a chicken and a lamb dish (both very tasty), vegetables, rice, nan bread, a mango kulfi (ice cream) for dessert and coffee. Service was friendly and attentitive (but they were not rushed off their feet....). With a bottle of decent wine and service the bill was £95. I do not often eat out but I really enjoyed this and feel it was worth the money. We remained the only two customers there which I find surprising.

Sunday, February 16, 2014

My first order took one hour and a half to arrive and they didn't even bother to call. When I called them they were defensive instead of apologetic.

The second time I ordered (thinking the bad service was a one off) the order went through on their website, payment was taken and a reference was given and I waited again for over one hour. I called them and they said they cancelled it themselves even though it went through on the website, as the order was received at 11.02 (their cut off is 11) and yet again no apologies and the claim they left a message on my landline was also untrue as no message was left and the phone did not ring.

Their food is comparable to any indian in this area and their service is beyond awful. Will never order again.

Sunday, October 20, 2013