Churchill Arms

119 Kensington Church Street, London, W8 7LN - View on a map

Had to experience the worse customer service ever, ordered a bottle of Prosecco, it didn't arrive for 20 minutes, when we politely asked waitress about our order she rudely shouted at us that it's coming from a bar, then we got our starters, still no drinks, finished starters, asked about our drinks order again, same response - it's coming! Then after finishing mains we were told we'll need to leave as all guests only get an hour to sit at their table, when we said that no one told us that, they lied that they did as they say it to everyone and started getting aggressive shouting at us that we're not educated, that we should never come back etc. When we asked the table next to use if they were informed that they only have an hour they said no. Had very disappointing experience, can't believe that places like that with staff so rude can be found in the nicest areas of London. Unless you want to be treated like rubbish, don't go to that place!

Monday, August 25, 2014

We visited the Thai restaurant at the back of the pub on Wednesday 6th November 2013.

My friend called ahead to make a reservation and I met her there at 7pm. No sooner had I sat down that a waitress pressed on me to order. I said to her, could I please have a few minutes. Less than 5 minutes later she was back, so said I would have the same drink as my friend.

Another 5 minutes in, she comes in and demands we place our orders as the kitchen was closing in 10 minutes? Anyway, So keeps standing over me "no pressure" as I look at the menu trying to figure out what I wanted. As a first time customer, I hope the restaurant would appreciate it would nice to let customers take their time to select something.

I ended up picking a noodle dish. 10 minutes or so later we got our Food. My friend had opted for a thai Green curry and I opted for a Noodle beef and Veg dish.

My meal tasted like like an overcooked stew with noodles. Did not taste Thai at all. My friends curry was ok - difficult to get that wrong.

I asked if I could order something else as I did not like the noodles and one waitress gave me a menu to look at to choose something else. We then flagged another waitress to place an order and she said we could not place an order as other people had booked the table we were on and we needed to leave.

Me and my friend could not believe what we were hearing. We explained that we simply wanted to order a different meal for me as I did not like what I got but all they cared about was getting rid of us.

Waitress number 2, then flagged the waitress that had given us the menu, and that waitress then said she gave us the menu by mistake - we could not order as our time was up.

We asked for our bill as none of the waiting staff seemed to have any concept of customer service. To add insult to injury we were also charged full price for a barely touched meal.

We said to them we have never seen such appalling service, but they really could not care less.

While the pub itself is great, the restaurant was a truly horrendous experience and will never visit it again, and will also be letting all my friends and family know.

Seema
Thursday, November 07, 2013

Gourmet Chick

Gourmet Chick - 6/10

Monday, March 21, 2011 - At the back of the pub in an indoor conservatory area which resembles a mini hanging gardens of Babylon, lies the pub's Thai restaurant...The food is admittedly missing some of the subtleties of really good Thai cooking but the authentic heat and low prices make the pub worth a visit. The kaeng kiew waan, a so-hot-it-will-make-you-sweat green coconut curry featuring bamboo shoots, fresh Thai basil, peppers and some rather random green peas was really excellent. It was served with a generous helping of fluffy rice which was included in the price.