Chutneys

124 Drummond Street, Euston, London, NW1 2PA - View on a map

Chutneys Restaurant In London

Fantastic restaurant great food, lovely staff.

We have been eating there for 25 years, and still love going

Always fresh food and some inspiring chefs from India have worked there.

We have taken many people from different part of the world to eat here.

Thanks to the staff for always welcoming our family

Monday, February 03, 2014

Overall i am satisfied good service, tasty food and great value of money.

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Goodness! I'm astonished to read bad reviews of this place. What's not to like. I've been coming here since the early 90s. It's one of my London favourites. And now it's BYO! I want to move in.

I've stuck to the things I've always loved here. There are definitely things on the menu that have zero appeal - but I would not go for these anywhere. I know what I like. I love their dosas. Their accompanying coconut chutney is desert island delicious. The coconut rice is amazing. As is their raita. Good basics. The thalis have always been pretty good and very generous. Their bhajis samosas etc are tasty, crisp and non-greasy. I crave some of their curries, especially mattar paneer. This is my comfort food.

When my sister hauls her family over to London, all they want to do is go to the Chutney's eat-as-much-as-you-like buffet. It's incredible value for money. Also good for working out what you like and don't. Desserts can be a bit hit and miss, but I'm not generally fond of indian desserts. And they could work on the atmosphere.

But the staff here have patiently put up with rowdy groups of work colleagues of mine for years. The welcome has always been warm and the service attentive. But, as I say, I'm a long-term good customer and I will be.

Thursday, November 21, 2013

My husband and I have been eating at Chutney's for many many years and I always look forward to a meal there. The food is always excellent and the choice and quality have improved over the years. We take our children and grandchildren from time to time and they enjoy it too. It's so reassuring to be able to eat vegetarian with confidence.

Mrs. Marcia Goodman - View all reviews by this user
Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Very disappointing after reading previous reviews. Possibly the least tasty Indian I have ever had. My dish was full of garlic which over powered any spices that may have been in there. The naan was a good texture however the filling was only in the middle the edges very dry and bland. My partners dish tasted very similar but he recommended the chilli cheese naan. Overall, we weren't impressed and won't be using them again.

Kelly
Sunday, May 12, 2013

I was expecting something absolutely ghastly based on the reviews here and was dreading it. The food was good value, filling and tasty. The staff were polite and helpful. Sag paneer was delicious.

I think the reviews misrepresent this restaurant. Fine dining it ain't; gourmet delicacies it ain't, but folks - it costs less than £7 to eat here.......

Lucy - View all reviews by this user
Thursday, December 13, 2012

Really horrible food. Quite temperamental as well. You could get so much more for your money. The food is soggy with oil and absolutely tasteless. The staff are rude and its just a really bad restaurant. Please dont waste your time and money eating out here. You'd do better sitting in a McDonalds, to be honest.

UrsulaJ
Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Sorry, but this place is a complete let down. Not only was the food absolutely disappointing, the service was appalling. The waiters are rude and completely unenthusiastic. Our food was late, and worse, when I was paying, the rude waiter snatched the bill out of my hand and slammed it on the table in front me saying to me: This is our copy, not your receipt! All this simply because I had taken the bill in my hand and in the process crumpled it a little coz I did not want my friend (who I was treating) to see what the total was!! Terrible service, overpriced food, definitely never going back there again and most definitely not recommending it to anyone!

Monday, June 27, 2011