124 Drummond Street, Euston, London, NW1 2PA - View on a map

Chutneys Restaurant In London

Fantastic restaurant great food, lovely staff.

We have been eating there for 25 years, and still love going

Always fresh food and some inspiring chefs from India have worked there.

We have taken many people from different part of the world to eat here.

Thanks to the staff for always welcoming our family

Monday, February 03, 2014

Overall i am satisfied good service, tasty food and great value of money.

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Goodness! I'm astonished to read bad reviews of this place. What's not to like. I've been coming here since the early 90s. It's one of my London favourites. And now it's BYO! I want to move in.

I've stuck to the things I've always loved here. There are definitely things on the menu that have zero appeal - but I would not go for these anywhere. I know what I like. I love their dosas. Their accompanying coconut chutney is desert island delicious. The coconut rice is amazing. As is their raita. Good basics. The thalis have always been pretty good and very generous. Their bhajis samosas etc are tasty, crisp and non-greasy. I crave some of their curries, especially mattar paneer. This is my comfort food.

When my sister hauls her family over to London, all they want to do is go to the Chutney's eat-as-much-as-you-like buffet. It's incredible value for money. Also good for working out what you like and don't. Desserts can be a bit hit and miss, but I'm not generally fond of indian desserts. And they could work on the atmosphere.

But the staff here have patiently put up with rowdy groups of work colleagues of mine for years. The welcome has always been warm and the service attentive. But, as I say, I'm a long-term good customer and I will be.

Thursday, November 21, 2013