Jamie's Italian (Canary Wharf)

Churchill Place Mall, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5RB - View on a map

Went there to take some friends for a special occasion as it had been reccomended by several friends and colleagues and was fairly central in a 60 mile radius!!

On reflection it was a long way to travel for an extremely below average meal

Service was brilliant, friendly and helpful

Food not so good, would not risk another Jamie restaurant having eaten here.

Although was very reasonably priced my guest and i still expect to enjoy our food, had better brakes bros.

Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Today it was my first experience with Jamie's Italian. We decided to have an Easter dinner with my friends. And I liked it. The food was very nice, decor is casual and nice, the waiters were polite and helpful. I don't agree the portions are small- after main with two little sides and dessert I felt really full and happy. Definitely place to be back. Thanks.

Paula
Saturday, March 30, 2013

Having eaten previously at Portsmouth and Brighton we had assumed that given the fact it is a chain restaurant then, although not the finest of cuisine it would be consistent. How sadly wrong we were!! The food was of poor quality and appeared to be of a reheated consistency, dry, gloopy and bland. The seafood was over cooked and of poor quality, ironic given the proximity of billingsgate! The service was appalling at the start of the meal we were forced along at an uncomfortably rapid pace giving us the feeling that they wished to turn the table at least once more that night, even to the point of having our plates cleared whilst some of our party were still eating. On commenting that I hadn't finished the waitress quipped that it was ok I could finish mine before she took it! I could unfortunately go on and on but I have a life to lead! But suffice it to say it was a disappointing poor quality poor value for money food experience. Jamie, you should be embarrassed that your name is associated with this excuse for a restaurant but there again I suspect it's adding nicely to you piggy bank ...... Shame on you.

Monday, March 04, 2013

A group from the office went to Jamie's recently for our Christmas lunch. We ordered from the special christmas menu and all in all it was very disappointing. The appetiser was nice and was set out on boards for the group to share but they did not clear it for almost 40 minutes and so we did not even get our main courses until over an hour after arriving. The main courses were pretty poor generally. The table had ordered pretty much every choice on the menu and most of it was disappointing. The gnocchi was completely tasteless, the chicken was undercooked in parts for two of our party, the pork was found to be pretty boring as well and the fish was swimming in a tasteless broth, which actually detracted from the dish. The service was sooooo slow several of us had to leave early without having any of our desserts. I have to say that it was one of the most disappointing Christmas lunches any of us had ever had. I now see why it was so easy to get a reservation. I do not normally write reviews but felt compelled on this occasion to do so the whole experience was one that none of us will be repeating.

MBM
Sunday, December 02, 2012

My wife and daughter took me to Jamie's Italian at Canary Wharf last night, 26th July 2012. Whenever I visit a specialist restaurant like this I never order their normal offering, in this case pasta, because this is probably made in bulk then microwaved for individual customers. Wanting something fresh, I ordered the 8oz sirloin steak at £16.95. I told the server that I wanted it blue, very blue. He replied "our chef knows how to do that". He them told me it did not include any chips, so I also had to order a portion of those. Sometime later my wife's and daughters pasta arrived together with my chips, two minutes later my steak arrived. The steak was in two pieces? and medium done with plenty of gristle!

I told the server about this and he apologised and took it away. Another server walked by the table and said "that shouldn't take long". My server then returned and said that the chef told him that the steak would have to rest for ten minutes before he could cook it, I replied "is that how long the microwave takes to defrost it". So I then had to eat the chips. Needless to say the second steak was also in two pieces, plenty of gristle and still not blue. Do they employ chefs or re-heaters?

Who provides and who buys steak in pieces? I personally will not be visiting Jamie's restaurants again, but the starter of polenta chips were delicious.

Friday, July 27, 2012

Just out of the Restaurant in Westfield.

Very dissapointed with the meal. extremely overpriced for the quality you get..it amazes me that people come back..

Felipe
Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I was very excited about going to Jamie's Italian as I'm a big Jamie fan. The food that he produces on his TV shows always look exciting, innovative and flavoursome. Unfortunately this isn't reflected in his restaurant. The tables are really close together and you feel very squished in and the music was a bit too loud. Foodwise - I ordered the seafood risotto which was undercooked and very dry. Risotto should not be so dry that it can be moulded into a shape. A couple of the clams on top were closed and therefore not to be eaten. That should not have got passed the head chef. My friend ordered pumpkin ravioli and again the pasta was undercooked and hard in places. To top everything off we ordered his 'famous' polenta chips, which were very bland. I wasn't planning on complaining as I didn't want to mar the evening with my friend who I don't get to see as often as I'd like. However, when the waitress cleared our plates and asked if all was OK, I told her I'd been really looking forward to our meal and that I was disappointed. She was lovely and didn't take offense and said that she'd speak to the head chef. She came back and said that the chef apologises and that we won't be charged for the food. That was unexpected news that we were grateful for, however; I don't have any plans to return.

Claire - View all reviews by this user
Friday, March 30, 2012

Have eaten at Jamie's now a number of times. I think the offering in London is pretty consistent i.e. food is between good and very good, service usually good,

I like the feel of the decor.... but what is up with the music? It is shocking

For someone like Jamie to have paid so much attention to the general offering I can only assume he hasn't listened to the tracks being played at all or maybe he is simply a big fan of Gerry Rafferty?

Sort it out.

Matthew
Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I found it a bit overrated, lots of hype, food not bad, but also not good, Squid a bit rubbery, dessert a bit manufactured etc.

Staff were pleasent enough interior was a little strange with metal chairs, fake plastic bread, tree trunks.......weird!

5 out of 10...theres better food out there!

M. S.
Friday, January 20, 2012

Second time here & again it really is not what I'd hoped for. Starter of Squid was greasy, although not too unpleasant; my friend’s risotto starter was undercooked, over saffron’ed & fairly bland. Unfortunately worse was to come, ordered the Burger, A tower of a meal arrived at the table, but the meat was tasteless, beef over ground & virtually inedible. Out of our party of 12, 4 people had burgers none of which were finished. When we complained to the waitress (who was fairly good) she offered to replace but the rest of the party had finished their meals so we declined the offer. We were told "by law we have to cook our burgers to 75 degrees and sometime this isn’t to your taste" well clearly it wasn't to anyone’s taste at our table. The other members of the party were satisfied with their food to a greater or lesser extent. The manager "graciously!" deducted 50% off the cost of the burgers to show good faith. Not particularly satisfactory especially as there was a compulsory service charge. I, for one, won’t be back...

Robert