Jamie's Italian (Canary Wharf)

Churchill Place Mall, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5RB - View on a map

Went there to take some friends for a special occasion as it had been reccomended by several friends and colleagues and was fairly central in a 60 mile radius!!

On reflection it was a long way to travel for an extremely below average meal

Service was brilliant, friendly and helpful

Food not so good, would not risk another Jamie restaurant having eaten here.

Although was very reasonably priced my guest and i still expect to enjoy our food, had better brakes bros.

Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Today it was my first experience with Jamie's Italian. We decided to have an Easter dinner with my friends. And I liked it. The food was very nice, decor is casual and nice, the waiters were polite and helpful. I don't agree the portions are small- after main with two little sides and dessert I felt really full and happy. Definitely place to be back. Thanks.

Paula
Saturday, March 30, 2013

Having eaten previously at Portsmouth and Brighton we had assumed that given the fact it is a chain restaurant then, although not the finest of cuisine it would be consistent. How sadly wrong we were!! The food was of poor quality and appeared to be of a reheated consistency, dry, gloopy and bland. The seafood was over cooked and of poor quality, ironic given the proximity of billingsgate! The service was appalling at the start of the meal we were forced along at an uncomfortably rapid pace giving us the feeling that they wished to turn the table at least once more that night, even to the point of having our plates cleared whilst some of our party were still eating. On commenting that I hadn't finished the waitress quipped that it was ok I could finish mine before she took it! I could unfortunately go on and on but I have a life to lead! But suffice it to say it was a disappointing poor quality poor value for money food experience. Jamie, you should be embarrassed that your name is associated with this excuse for a restaurant but there again I suspect it's adding nicely to you piggy bank ...... Shame on you.

Monday, March 04, 2013

A group from the office went to Jamie's recently for our Christmas lunch. We ordered from the special christmas menu and all in all it was very disappointing. The appetiser was nice and was set out on boards for the group to share but they did not clear it for almost 40 minutes and so we did not even get our main courses until over an hour after arriving. The main courses were pretty poor generally. The table had ordered pretty much every choice on the menu and most of it was disappointing. The gnocchi was completely tasteless, the chicken was undercooked in parts for two of our party, the pork was found to be pretty boring as well and the fish was swimming in a tasteless broth, which actually detracted from the dish. The service was sooooo slow several of us had to leave early without having any of our desserts. I have to say that it was one of the most disappointing Christmas lunches any of us had ever had. I now see why it was so easy to get a reservation. I do not normally write reviews but felt compelled on this occasion to do so the whole experience was one that none of us will be repeating.

MBM
Sunday, December 02, 2012

My wife and daughter took me to Jamie's Italian at Canary Wharf last night, 26th July 2012. Whenever I visit a specialist restaurant like this I never order their normal offering, in this case pasta, because this is probably made in bulk then microwaved for individual customers. Wanting something fresh, I ordered the 8oz sirloin steak at £16.95. I told the server that I wanted it blue, very blue. He replied "our chef knows how to do that". He them told me it did not include any chips, so I also had to order a portion of those. Sometime later my wife's and daughters pasta arrived together with my chips, two minutes later my steak arrived. The steak was in two pieces? and medium done with plenty of gristle!

I told the server about this and he apologised and took it away. Another server walked by the table and said "that shouldn't take long". My server then returned and said that the chef told him that the steak would have to rest for ten minutes before he could cook it, I replied "is that how long the microwave takes to defrost it". So I then had to eat the chips. Needless to say the second steak was also in two pieces, plenty of gristle and still not blue. Do they employ chefs or re-heaters?

Who provides and who buys steak in pieces? I personally will not be visiting Jamie's restaurants again, but the starter of polenta chips were delicious.

Friday, July 27, 2012

Just out of the Restaurant in Westfield.

Very dissapointed with the meal. extremely overpriced for the quality you get..it amazes me that people come back..

Felipe