Mekong

46 Churton Street, Pimlico, London, SW1V 2LP - View on a map

I went here during a weekday (Tuesday) and the place was full on the top floor, so I was guided downstairs, still a cozy place.

The staff was very friendly, the portions were good, the vietnamese was good (not excellent, but it was very good). For the price you pay for the quality, especially in London, this place was great.

Recommend to just stroll in and enjoy!

Ralph Beentjes
Friday, September 20, 2013

I am amazed at these reviews and wonder if the restaurant has changed hands. I went for the first time last night. Firstly the service was surreal and quite one of the rudest and offhand waitresses I have ever come across. We ordered the set meal at £14 each. The food was totally forgettable , no real taste or depth , the sauces thin. The presentation was lacking any finesse and the food was just thrown on the plate. We were given a plate of lettuce with the spring roll but not told what to do with it. Then it was taken away and recycled for the next part of the meal ! We took a chance with this from all the other eateries in the area but wont be going back

diana
Friday, November 09, 2012

I have been going to Mekong for years and have never left disappointed or hungry. The crispy duck is delicious - and crispy - every time. Main dishes that stood out from my most recent visit yesterday are the saigon spicy prawns and sizzling coconut lamb. The owners are wonderful, accomodating and charming and the service is polite, attentive and discrete (either that or my water was refilling itself). Add to that the reasonable prices and you get a hidden gem of a restaurant with an army of regulars that is well deserved.

Boehnchen
Sunday, September 09, 2012

Not quite sure what to make of this place , it is quite small so you may need to book though the Sun i went it was quiet . The food was Ok the vietnamese spring rolls were lovely , the fish in rice paper wraps was ok but very boney and a bit overpriced the sizzling beef wasn't bad . I am glad I went but it didn't quite do it for me , generally found it a bit samey flavour wise so I'd probably not call back .

david littleton