Donna Margherita

183 Lavender Hill, Battersea, London, SW11 5TE - View on a map

Donna Margherita Restaurant In London

very good Italian food

Saturday, March 29, 2014

the best pizza and fresh king prawn pasta l ever had in my life. l'm from Sicily and l know about good food!! If you live or visit London you can't miss this place! Very friendly and professional stuff as well!!

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

This is a must if you like genuine Italian cuisine. Family run by 3/4 brothers I believe they have many fresh ingredients delivered twice a week from Italy. The result is one of the best pizza's I've ever had, considering another place in Ostia near Rome run by another napolitan family. Ideal for couples or small groups it is cosy and very authentic.

Try some unique entries. Pizza's and pasta dishes are excellent. Once had also an outstanding filet (I believe they get scottish meat). My favorite meal is napolitan frittos as entry, the friarelli and salsiccia pizza and any of the desserts... Sometimes I stop by late at night just to say hi and get an expresso... It feels like home to me...

Recently refurbished... nice job.

Francesco DANISI
Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Last year my partner and I visited Donna Margherita on a whim. We were both delighted with the food - I ordered a cabbage and mushroom risotto which turned out to be far more than the sum of it's parts. Consequently, we were looking forward to our return visit last week.

Having booked several days in advance we were less than impressed to shown to a table that was barely bigger than a beer mat and which hadn't had a lick of varnish this side of the millennium. The manager had to disrupt a group of diners to scavenge a chair so that we could both sit down. My partner was stuffed in the corner and, I sitting with my back to the restaurant, had the choice of staring at the wall that was two feet from my nose or watching a takeaway delivery man rummaging for something in his ear in the neon-lit kitchen.

The manager then moved us to a table by the restaurant entrance on condition that we vacated it in just over an hour (we suspect that our first placement was a ruse to make a really bad table seem attractive). It puzzled us why two far better tables stood empty for an hour and a quarter while we sat in a draught every time the creaking door opened (and slammed shut again).

The food was some consolation although my starter had evidently spent insufficient time in a microwave to be properly and evenly warmed and my partner's risotto, while tasty, was altogether too dry. We decided not to stay for desserts or coffee and left £73 poorer.

We won't be returning.

Sunday, October 21, 2012

I've been at Donna Margherita with my family and few friends several times. The service is always friendly and reasonably fast as you would expect in an Italian restaurant. Food is authentically Italian, starting from most of the ingredients. Pizza is Naples style and so far the best I have ever had in London. There is a good selection of main courses and so far all the ones I have tried were well above the average among the Italian restaurants in London.

By the way, today I went for linguine with Sicilian prawns: delicious!!

TheMixedFamily - View all reviews by this user