The Anthologist

58 Gresham Street, Bank, London, EC2V 7BB - View on a map

The Anthologist Restaurant In London

i love this place - i came last thursday for a friends birthday party which was in the dark pig bar? i think thats what its called - it was downstairs hidden away from the main bar and was great - very dark with candles everywhere, funky cocktails and a nice nibbles menu. will be back for my birthday next month!

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

We were on our way to Byron but I convinced my friends to try The Anthologist instead, for a change. What a mistake. We had to wait 15 minutes to give our order; we each went for a burger. The food itself came reasonably quickly, but my "blue cheese burger" was literally that - in the bun was a burger with a lump of cold blue cheese on top (weird, right?). The meat tasted awful and disintegrated in an overcooked way, the bun was stale and inedible and the "plate" was in fact a bizarre tin with a handle (yes, we had to eat out of a tin). The chips were raw and undercooked.

Dreadful service, dreadful food. The price is in line with Byron, but the quality doesn't come close.

James