Holland Park Cafe

Ilchester Place, Holland Park, London, W8 6LU - View on a map

Holland Park Cafe Restaurant In London

I had a very disappointing visit today (24th November) to Holland Park cafe.

I arrived as part of a party of seven just before 3:30pm. While my friends ordered I checked the seating. I went to the raised area of the cafe and was told very brusquely that we could not sit up there as it "has to be closed 30 minutes before the cafe closes." No reason was given. I pointed out that they were still serving and we had to sit somewhere. Eventually some two tables were put together for us to sit (very cramped) while an area with plenty of seating stayed closed.

Meanwhile when my friends came to the table, I discovered:

1. because it was 30 minutes before closing we were not allowed plates for our food (unbelievable - why sell it if you aren't prepared to give plates?)

2. we were only allowed paper cups for our drinks "as it was 30 minutes before closing time."

3. the pot of tea for two advertised had become two separate cups of tea made with a tea bag (milk already added) in a paper cup - a very poor substitute.

Exactly on four o'clock a member of staff announced to the whole cafe "We're closing now. You all have to leave. Goodbye." Let's just say that the tone of voice was not the friendliest.

I think this is very poor service and behaviour.

I will not be returning.

Sunday, November 24, 2013