The Four Lanterns

96 Cleveland Street, Fitzrovia, London, W1T 6NP - View on a map

The Four Lanterns Restaurant In London

We dined here yesterday night and we did not know what to expect as we never heard of this place before.

I must say the venue is really small but the atmosphere is quite nice and characteristic. All tables upstairs are squeezed in a very small room which gives you the impression of dining at someone's place. However, lights and music are perfect and seats are quite comfortable to leave you a very nice impression over all.

We have been welcomed with a complimentary portion of olives and chillies and we also ordered a couple of starters, that we found delicious for a honest price. All starters are served with pitta bread, that we did not find particularly good.

As mains we had Beef Stifado and Vegetarian Moussaka. Unfortunately, being vegetarian I could not find a wide range of alternatives. In fact, they only serve salads (with cheese) or Veg Moussaka as vegetables. Despite that, I was really happy with my choice and I found my meal quite good. They served it with potatoes and tomato sauce on the top. Vegetables were not particularly fresh, but the overall taste was good. My partner was quite happy with the beef and with the intriguing peculiar spicy taste it had. Portions were huge, so we could not finish what we ordered.

Staff was really nice, they let us stay as long as we wanted so to finish our bottle of red wine (not particularly good, but reasonable for the price).

Finally, you get the bill together with a complimentary fruit, randomly picked up for you.

We will certainly be back!

Ritchies - View all reviews by this user