The Wolseley

160 Piccadilly, Mayfair, London, W1J 9EB - View on a map

The Wolseley Restaurant In London

The restaurant interior with Venetian and Florentine influences and Eastern exotic touches ensure you dine in a grand, atmospheric surroundings with its towering pillars, arches and stairways which were originally a car showroom.

Yes the place is a bit noisy (but then it is always full of diners) and tables are a little cramped but the service is very attentive and the food was delicious. I had kedgeree and it was undoubtedly the best I've ever tasted. It was my birthday and they brought out a little tarte au citron with a candle for me to blow out which was a lovely gesture.... I had a wonderful time and would definitely recommend this place.

Bee
Tuesday, July 09, 2013

Still as good as you can get in London, especially at lunchtime, but sad that calves' liver is no longer on the menu. But the fish stew was delicious, and the steak tartare is always a winner.

We got a less-than-good waiter, unfortunately, but one knows that any real problems will be dealt with very professionally.

James - View all reviews by this user
Wednesday, April 17, 2013

I had been postponing dining at The Wolseley, waiting for a special occasion. I finally went for dinner last night and I don't think I have ever been so disappointed for a restaurant that is so well known and recognized. The food really does not live up to its expectations, it was not fresh and it felt like it was mass produced. I compare it to being in a big cruise ship, where the atmosphere is nice but food has to be pre-prepared and cooked for 1000's of people, so it has to compromise on quality and freshness. Having been to many restaurants in London, I can think of hundred better places to spend more than 100 pounds on a dinner. In addition, I left a shopping bag under my table and called the restaurant next day and a very unhelpful lady said they had found nothing and hung up the phone. At least, I won't be making the same mistake again.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

We were just at The Wolseley for coffee and cake, a wonderful place to go - a bit like one of the big Parisian dining places. (We have lunched there before and that it was really buzzing). The coffee was good, the Danish pastry ok-ish, nothing special. But I love the place!

Sarah - View all reviews by this user
Monday, January 21, 2013

Quite disappointing. Overly busy with tables far too crammed together - and loud - not a place for a romantic dinner and certainly not for those who want to hear anything. Good for a bit of celeb spotting but overall view was, as my wife put it, "the kind of place your dad would go to".

Thursday, October 25, 2012