The Wolseley

160 Piccadilly, Mayfair, London, W1J 9EB - View on a map

The Wolseley Restaurant In London

The restaurant interior with Venetian and Florentine influences and Eastern exotic touches ensure you dine in a grand, atmospheric surroundings with its towering pillars, arches and stairways which were originally a car showroom.

Yes the place is a bit noisy (but then it is always full of diners) and tables are a little cramped but the service is very attentive and the food was delicious. I had kedgeree and it was undoubtedly the best I've ever tasted. It was my birthday and they brought out a little tarte au citron with a candle for me to blow out which was a lovely gesture.... I had a wonderful time and would definitely recommend this place.

Bee
Tuesday, July 09, 2013

London Eater

London Eater

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 - I started with the Soupe de Poisson. Grainy, intensely aromatic of distilled shells of crustaceans, but not so overly fishy that it overstank. A vigorous fish soup can make for a gratifying start to a meal, especially one as good as this. Warming...I would imagine that Wolseley is the perfect stage to indulge in a tea sipping competition, the afternoon tea set comes with finger sandwiches, sweet pastries, scones, clotted cream and strawberry jam as well as an explanation from the waiter. I found this set to be a tad overpriced to be honest, granted it was photogenic and that it was mostly edible.