Polpetto

11 Berwick Street, Soho, London, W1F 0PL - View on a map

Polpetto Restaurant In London

our review

Polpetto has reopened at a new, larger site on Soho's Berwick Street. Florence Knight returns as head chef and the 70-cover restaurant features an open kitchen and aperitivo bar.

February 2014

Gulp. What have they done????!!!!

A nice British take on Italian food, has been turned into a mish-mash of dishes that bear zero relation to Italy or to the name (which means small meatball) of the restaurant.

They have clearly lost their way. So be honest- change the name of the restaurant! Those of us who go expecting a continuation of the original Polpetto are in for a surprise-and not in a good sense. And those of us who expect a British take on Italian food, are clearly facing a deception.

Change the name in recognition of a menu that has nothing to do with the antecedent Polpetto.

I was sorely disappointed by the food, which I had trouble finding anything I wanted to eat.

C.Elder
Tuesday, March 25, 2014

I went there last night with a friend. I loved the fact that it was quiet, it was a Tuesday night after all.

I loved their simple, unpretentious menu, reminded me very much of when I was in Italy dining in all the local back street cafes.

Apart from the great menu, what will make me go back is their service. Great, tentative and friendly service in London is now as rare as wining the lottery. Definitely recommend this place to anyone.

Lin