Kipling's

2 North Hill, Highgate, London, N6 4PU - View on a map

Kipling's Restaurant In London

Very odd to see someone moaning about the best Indian food in North London, i seriously wonder what you expected...Always excellent food and the staff are lovely

Barry Milligan - View all reviews by this user
Thursday, May 08, 2014

I have lived in Highgate for many years and had not visited Kiplings for several years, until tonight. Now I remember why. Having arrived at our pre-booked table for 7.30pm (which was not ready), we were not asked what we would like to eat for more than an hour and even then, we had to attract the attention of a waiter. We noted that the takeaway side of the business was very healthy.

Our food eventually arrived an hour and a half after we had sat down. A starter I had ordered as a side dish was cold and interlaced with slices of tinned pineapple. My chicken dish, which was described as flavoured with cardamom and chilli with mint and spinach came in a bath of green liquid which tasted of nothing. My inedible side dish of Saag Baji was worse than cardboard and thankfully, they agreed not to charge us for that.

The bill for two came to more than £60 for a single course each with three beers between us. Needless to say, it will be several more years before I forget tonight's experience and maybe try this restaurant again, by which time it will probably be Alzheimer's.

Friday, February 28, 2014

We were very happy with their veg and non veg food.Their service was excellent and the portions are big too.

We recommend for people who like Indian food to deffinately try their curries.

Excellent!!!!